AMD Rayon R7 6800H Install Ventura kernel Panic

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, I have encountered a kernel panic problem for booting up Ventura installation from U flash. Would kindly anybody give me some help?
Brand: Lenovo
Model: Legion slim 7 Gen 7
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 6800h
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600s ( Separate GPU mode)
HDD: Crucial P3 Plus 1TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz
Ram: x2 8GB 3200mhz ddr4
Display: 15.6 1080p 165HZ

Attachments

• EFI-3.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0380.jpeg
    IMG_0380.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 48

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
Also confirm the following:
  1. The version of macOS you are trying to install, I.e. Monterey, Ventura 13.6.x or Sonoma 14.3.1 or 14.4.1
  2. The make and model of the M.2 drive you are using as the macOS drive.
  3. The make and model of the WiFi/BT card installed in the laptop.
I am installing Ventura 13.6
My m2 drive Crucial P3 Plus 1TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD,
The wifi card I am using is an Intel wireless network card.
Would you kindly help me to check with my new issue with the efi you provided if you have time? Thank you

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
Which issue? You need to be a bit more precise with your requests.

Where are you with regards installing and running macOS on your Legion Slim 7 Gen 7 laptop?

How have you set the Graphics in your system Bios, have you used the MUX switch to set the AMD Radeon RX 6600s as the main GPU, i.e. turned off the AMD Integrated GPU?

View attachment 14109 example of GPU options for Lenovo 7 laptop with MUX switch.
Would you kindly help me to check with my current issue on your provided EFI?(get a forbidden icon after IOUSBhostdevice configure). Thank you

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you tried using every USB port on your laptop for the USB installer?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Some AMD laptop owners had to resort to using GenericUSBXHCI.kext to fix not being able to use their USB ports. This is an old USB kext, which was dropped from use on Intel systems some years ago. So not sure it will work, but may be worth a try to see if one or more USB ports are enabled so you can complete the macOS installation.

Download:

I can't recall if you have created a UTBMap.kext in Windows, using the USBToolBox python script. If not you may want to see if doing so helps. This is an alternative and better option than using the GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Main Page:

Download:

Guide:

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
Some AMD laptop owners had to resort to using GenericUSBXHCI.kext to fix not being able to use their USB ports. This is an old USB kext, which was dropped from use on Intel systems some years ago. So not sure it will work, but may be worth a try to see if one or more USB ports are enabled so you can complete the macOS installation.

Download:

I can't recall if you have created a UTBMap.kext in Windows, using the USBToolBox python script. If not you may want to see if doing so helps. This is an alternative and better option than using the GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Main Page:

Download:

Guide:
Thanks for your reply, I will create UTBMap.kext in linux to see whether it works.

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member

Download:

Main Page:

Download:

Guide:
Using the old version of GenericUSBXHCI.kext seems not working. It would get a forbidden icon SMCProcessorAMD. Next I will try generating UTBMap.kext to see whether it works

Attachments

• IMG_0579.jpeg
    IMG_0579.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 12

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The SMCProcessorAMD isn’t a Kernel Panic, the issue is the USB port you are using.

When you see the forbidden 🚫 icon, or preferably when you first see the SMCProcessorAMD text, try switching the USB installer to another USB port, do this quickly and see if the installation continues. Sometimes a USB port that works from the power on of the system will be dropped when the Bios hands over control to the Bootloader/OS.

I had this happen on a couple of AMD hacks, if you are fast enough with the port switch, the install continues.

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
The SMCProcessorAMD isn’t a Kernel Panic, the issue is the USB port you are using.

When you see the forbidden 🚫 icon, or preferably when you first see the SMCProcessorAMD text, try switching the USB installer to another USB port, do this quickly and see if the installation continues. Sometimes a USB port that works from the power on of the system will be dropped when the Bios hands over control to the Bootloader/OS.

I had this happen on a couple of AMD hacks, if you are fast enough with the port switch, the install continues.
I have tried switching USB port after SMCprocessorAMD text, but it still gets a forbidden icon, you can merely see a text showing USBSMC identifier non-unique

Attachments

• IMG_0580.jpeg
    IMG_0580.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 7

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member

I have also tried using USBToolbox.kext and UTBMap.kext. But the USBSMC indentifier non-unique issue still exists. I changed UTBMap.kext to UTBDefault.kext, but the issue is still the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0584.jpeg
    IMG_0584.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 6

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try disabling the Bluetooth kexts, just while you are trying to install macOS, as it appears from the image above that the Bluetooth device is failing to activate. The Bluetooth module uses a USB port, which may be part of the forbidden 🚫 sign issue.

Not sure how many external USB ports are present on the laptop, but you may need to move the USB Installer drive to another port when you start the laptop and macOS installation.

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
Try disabling the Bluetooth kexts, just while you are trying to install macOS, as it appears from the image above that the Bluetooth device is failing to activate. The Bluetooth module uses a USB port, which may be part of the forbidden 🚫 sign issue.

Not sure how many external USB ports are present on the laptop, but you may need to move the USB Installer drive to another port when you start the laptop and macOS installation.
After disabling Bluetooth kext, the USBSMC identifier non-unique issue still exists. There are 2 usb ports in total on my laptop. I have tried moving the usb installer to another port before the forbidden sign. But the issue still exists

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpeg
    IMG_0585.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member

I also found a Hackintosh version which has a very similar configuration with my laptop (5800H+6600m vs mine 6800H+6600m).
This one is using GenericUSBXHCI.kext. However as the USB configuration is different. The ACPI folder may need some modifications. Would you help me modify the EFI using my DSDT? Thank you.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    50 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of the current EFI you are using, As I don't want to start changing the wrong EFI folder.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.