2.5G Ethernet Card (Intel or Realtek?)

tristan

AMD OS X Member
I am planning to add a PCIe Ethernet card 2.5G, and I don´t know which card choose between Intel i225V or i226V and Realtek RTL8125BG.
Do you have any xperience with each, kext, issues,... or which is better ?

And also consider a 10G card X540-T2?

Thank you very much for your comments!!

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am planning to add a PCIe Ethernet card 2.5G, and I don´t know which card choose between Intel i225V or i226V and Realtek RTL8125BG.
Do you have any xperience with each, kext, issues,... or which is better ?

And also consider a 10G card X540-T2?

Thank you very much for your comments!!
Either the intel or Realtek cards should work, you might find the Realtek card easier to configure. In the end I think it's pretty much a wash on performance. A far as the 10G card I don't believe the intel x549-T2 card is supported.

tristan

AMD OS X Member
Either the intel or Realtek cards should work, you might find the Realtek card easier to configure. In the end I think it's pretty much a wash on performance. A far as the 10G card I don't believe the intel x549-T2 card is supported.

Thanks! usually I copy a large files between the computer and a server with Unraid, this is the reason for add a ethernet card. (nextcloud, jellyfin, backup, raw photos...)

I found this link for a 10G card...

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks! usually I copy a large files between the computer and a server with Unraid, this is the reason for add a ethernet card. (nextcloud, jellyfin, backup, raw photos...)

Good luck

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

I would recommend an Aquantia based card instead, lots more documented resources going that route. One example below.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-with-aqc113c-chip-for-macos-ventura.325087/

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.