Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: muyen
CPU: 3700X
Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon wifi
Opencore
Catalina 10.15.2

After the installation, the system reboot after the apple log. The system shutdown itself. Please see the attached screen shut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

by: pulsar7377
I have exactly the same issue. Did you find out what was the problem? Does someone know ? I would think it is related to the GPU since we have a gIOScreenLockState....

For info, I have Win 10 installed on a nvme ssd, Catalina being installed on a different disk

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No, I have not found a solution. I have been stuck ever since. I have tried different boot args but no luck. What's your hardware setup?

pulsar7377 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:58 pm I have exactly the same issue. Did you find out what was the problem? Does someone know ? I would think it is related to the GPU since we have a gIOScreenLockState....

For info, I have Win 10 installed on a nvme ssd, Catalina being installed on a different disk

Thanks.
bernardeslucas wrote:I have fixed this by mistake at some point, but i messed up again and don`t know how to get it working again. If anyone got it plz respond!!
Did you know where did you change to fix the issue? Motherboard BIOS or config.plis boot args? or Adding more kexts or drivers?
Can you share your solution once you make it work again?
by: technopath
Also facing this issue: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9876#p53688

Using an MSI RX 5700 XT on a Gigabyte Aorus Elite
Post Merged
Hey all,

Got this (kinda) figured out. @pulsar7377 kindly pointed out that everyone having issues was using MSI Radeon cards, as was I. My last build (now my kids PC) used a XFX RX570, so I yanked that card from the old box and put it in place of the MSI. Sure enough, OS X installed without a hiccup. So, that confirmed that the video card was the problem, though not whether it was specific to the MSI.

Once I had my EFI copied over to the SSD and confirmed the machine was stable, I pulled the XFX and put the MSI back in assuming the boot would fail somewhere along the way. But it did not! The thing booted up into OS X without complaint!

So, it would seem there is something specific to this MSI card that causes a panic of some kind during Catalina install (I was installing 10.15.2) but is perfectly happy with a stable system. Not an easy fix, to be sure, but if you happen to have an old card lying around that is hackintosh compatible, you can use that to get through the install and then swap you MSI back in. Sorry it's not a straightforward config change, but at least it's some more info.

Pics attached of the system after the initial install with the XFX, then running with the MSI swapped back in.
IMG_20200112_210101.png
IMG_20200112_210400.png
by: aeguss
Also facing this issue too.

I'm going to borrow a friends RX480 to get it installed and then try putting in the 5700XT. I will post back later tonight with the results.
by: technopath
You guys might want to try this: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=9667

Specifically: "Found a solution, bit of a pain but it works.
Adding the boot argument -wegnoegpu allowing the update to go through then removing the argument does the job.
Hopefully this helps others out there. :thumbup:"
by: pulsar7377
Thank you Technopath! :thumbup: , I will try the argument next weekend. I hope it does the trick because. In the worst case scenario, I will take advantage of the great return policy of amazon and get a cheap rx 470... Thanks again for confirming that the MSI card was the issue. hopefully it will be fixed 10.15.3
by: aeguss
technopath wrote:You guys might want to try this: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=9667

Specifically: "Found a solution, bit of a pain but it works.
Adding the boot argument -wegnoegpu allowing the update to go through then removing the argument does the job.
Hopefully this helps others out there. :thumbup:"
This worked for me after install. I had to boot it up to mac install, let the install run, after it shut down remove the -wegnoegpu and was able to set it up as normal.

Hi many thanks, would you be able to share your Bo[…]

There's a "ryzenshine" thread on hear th[…]

I experience this problem as well with OpenCore o[…]

Alcid=5 is the answer. Put this in as boot arg and[…]