Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
ryzentosh.png
Thanks everyone for sharing your success story and tips. I have successfully installed the 10.15.2 Catalina on my newly built PC, see my signature for build detail.

First of all, I almost gave up after a few unsuccessful attempts with OC and then Clover:
Code: Select all
agdpmod=pikera
  • Then I switched to Clover, got stuck at the Only 128/256 slide values are useable issue (the problem was that the clover patch only works until 10.15.1)
  • Then I managed to find a 10.15.1 image, gave it another try with Clover, failed again, somewhere I forgot where.
I almost gave up, until I looked at one post whose build is very close to mine: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9437, the person also posted their EFI, so I downloaded it, gave it a try, then for the first time on my PC, I saw the macOS installer loaded, though there's this very weird issue with the display that I cannot continue with the installation (like the one mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=52103#p52103).

I remembered seeing some post talking about 5700xt not fully working on 10.15.1 but fixed on 10.15.2, so I got the 10.15.2 image, again, made the installer.

OMG, I then saw a fully functional installer.

Got it installed on my 250GB SSD (retired from a previous mac), tried and almost everything works, but with a few minor issues such as:
  • The screen freeze and mouse and keyboard won't react after 15 minutes or so (where the screen would freeze).
  • The AirDrop sometimes works with a little busy hesitation(cannot tell exactly how, BTW, I have the Fenvi T919 card)
  • Sleep won't work.
In the next few days, I did a few things to continue the hackintoshing:
  • Changed the SMBIOS information
  • Did another installation on a new SSD
  • Removed unnecessary stuffs from the EFI
  • Removed unnecessary stuffs from the config.plist
  • Upgraded the OC to 0.5.3 (it turns out the WhateverGreen on the EFI I used is not latest, so I upgraded it)
This is how the EFI folder looks like now:
Code: Select all
├── BOOT
│   └── BOOTx64.efi
└── OC
    ├── ACPI
    │   └── SSDT-EC-AMD.aml
    ├── Drivers
    │   ├── ApfsDriverLoader.efi
    │   ├── FwRuntimeServices.efi
    │   ├── HFSPlus.efi
    │   └── VirtualSmc.efi
    ├── Kexts
    │   ├── AppleALC.kext
    │   ├── AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
    │   ├── Lilu.kext
    │   ├── NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
    │   ├── VirtualSMC.kext
    │   └── WhateverGreen.kext
    ├── OpenCore.efi
    ├── Tools
    └── config.plist
What works:
  • Dual boot (default EFI is the OC, bootcamp to windows).
  • Audio: tested once but I have a Scarlett 2i2, I either use it or the monitor's audio output.
  • Video: the GPU works, did not test with too many apps, GeekBench score is ok.
  • Wifi & Bluetooth: both works OOB since I got the Fenvi T919, so does the AirDrop and iMessage, etc.
  • Sleep works if I connect my monitor's hub to the MOBO's USB 2.0 port.
What does not work:
  • Sleep does not work if I connect my monitor's hub to the MOBO's USB 3.0 port.
  • Sidecar does not work - black screen on iPad.
What I have not tested:
  • Ethernet: I don't have an ethernet port close to where I put my PC at.
  • Adobe: too bad I did not know that Lightroom does not work on AMD hackintosh - which is the only reason I put $10 a month for. I'll give it another try if there's any news, but I still have other macs and I don't use lightroom on a computer very often, either.
This is my second hackintosh build after a few years of the first one(I did it once when I was in college on a HP laptop), this is different from whatever I remember it was like, it could be pretty simple if I had added the agdpmod=pikera, or got a cheaper GPU.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hansibansix, HKim liked this

Advertising

amd-osx.com is misconfigured. Every person has efi in all directions. In different topics. So i find this: https://sharvane.conocer.xyz/folder/4/catalina and this: https://sharvane.conocer.xyz/folder/1/Mojave
to be organized. If it work i can think for more simple ways too... So if someone want they can use: https://sharvane.conocer.xyz and when they register they can share they slover, open core or etc. files in order and so everybody can
Installer doesn't detect M.2 SSD

I can boot to the installer without problems, howe[…]

Of course, if all the PCIe slots are full or ina[…]

Hi all, sorry for my english ^^" I'm try to i[…]

Hi, I have same MB with 2700 CPU and RX 580 runni[…]