First of all, I almost gave up after a few unsuccessful attempts with OC and then Clover:
- I started with OC, after reading the vanilla OC guide for 2 days, I finally put things together, but the OC 0.5.2 stuck at the black screen, found no clue (I missed some boot args mentioned here: https://khronokernel-3.gitbook.io/catal ... e-amd-gpus)
- Then I switched to Clover, got stuck at the Only 128/256 slide values are useable issue (the problem was that the clover patch only works until 10.15.1)
- Then I managed to find a 10.15.1 image, gave it another try with Clover, failed again, somewhere I forgot where.
I remembered seeing some post talking about 5700xt not fully working on 10.15.1 but fixed on 10.15.2, so I got the 10.15.2 image, again, made the installer.
OMG, I then saw a fully functional installer.
Got it installed on my 250GB SSD (retired from a previous mac), tried and almost everything works, but with a few minor issues such as:
- The screen freeze and mouse and keyboard won't react after 15 minutes or so (where the screen would freeze).
- The AirDrop sometimes works with a little busy hesitation(cannot tell exactly how, BTW, I have the Fenvi T919 card)
- Sleep won't work.
- Changed the SMBIOS information
- Did another installation on a new SSD
- Removed unnecessary stuffs from the EFI
- Removed unnecessary stuffs from the config.plist
- Upgraded the OC to 0.5.3 (it turns out the WhateverGreen on the EFI I used is not latest, so I upgraded it)
├── BOOT │ └── BOOTx64.efi └── OC ├── ACPI │ └── SSDT-EC-AMD.aml ├── Drivers │ ├── ApfsDriverLoader.efi │ ├── FwRuntimeServices.efi │ ├── HFSPlus.efi │ └── VirtualSmc.efi ├── Kexts │ ├── AppleALC.kext │ ├── AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext │ ├── Lilu.kext │ ├── NullCPUPowerManagement.kext │ ├── VirtualSMC.kext │ └── WhateverGreen.kext ├── OpenCore.efi ├── Tools └── config.plist
- Dual boot (default EFI is the OC, bootcamp to windows).
- Audio: tested once but I have a Scarlett 2i2, I either use it or the monitor's audio output.
- Video: the GPU works, did not test with too many apps, GeekBench score is ok.
- Wifi & Bluetooth: both works OOB since I got the Fenvi T919, so does the AirDrop and iMessage, etc.
- Sleep works if I connect my monitor's hub to the MOBO's USB 2.0 port.
- Sleep does not work if I connect my monitor's hub to the MOBO's USB 3.0 port.
- Sidecar does not work - black screen on iPad.
- Ethernet: I don't have an ethernet port close to where I put my PC at.
- Adobe: too bad I did not know that Lightroom does not work on AMD hackintosh - which is the only reason I put $10 a month for. I'll give it another try if there's any news, but I still have other macs and I don't use lightroom on a computer very often, either.
Motherboard : MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
Memory : Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM 32GB (16GBx2) CL16 BLS2K16G4D32AESB
Storage : Samsung 860 QVO SSD 2TB (macOS)
Storage : Crucial MX500 1TB (Windows 10)
Video Card : ASUS AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (RX5700XT-8G)
Wifi : Fenvi T919 (BCM94360CD)
Case : NZXT H510
Power Supply : EVGA Supernova 650 G5
Monitor : Dell UltraSharp U3415W