Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hello everyone,

I have been working with hackintosh on Intel side and just moved to AMD, my system is all round stable, but I am facing issues with some audio plugins on Logic Pro X. Basically they quit on start :(.. I have been able to make PS and Ai work with @shaneee terminal patches (and removing the inside files) which were facing a similar issue, so perhaps this has something to do with Logic or with the plugin itself, I don't know if anyone has had similar behaviour¿?¿?

Secondly is transfer speeds, I work with an NVMe drive and some HDD through SATA and have never experienced such slow performance before, honestly, uncompressing files or moving a file or app from a .dmg feels really slow (I had to add a KextToPatch entry to remove the orange icons on internal SATA connected drives), perhaps it has something to do with my BIOS config, I'm totally lost when it comes to debugin issues on AMD Ryzentosh..

I'm planning on releasing a "general" SSDT line for devices and I would love to have my system ready so that I can continue working normally.

Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by DREnan on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertising

Send the crash log for Logic and I'll take a look. As for the drive speed if you suspect it's the patch try booting with it disabled and see if it affects it at all. If it does you can use an SSDT to show your drive as internal.
DREnan liked this
Thank you very much @Shaneee, I will send you the log later as I get home :thumbup:. I have tried without the patch but I think it makes no difference on drives.. I have a SSDT for NVMes but it doesnt affect SATA, perhaps I should try and finish SSDT for SATA implementation?
Post Merged
Hello @Shanee, here are the two errors I have recovered, one from Logic Pro (which didn't KP the app but has an error) and the other from Ableton Live which KP'ed the app
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hello @Blizzard Wind, DW1820A works with minimal changes, specific model has to be the CN-0VW3T3 (that is the most compatible one, although others are proven to work too with tinkering), they are quite cheap at the moment so, easy to get hold of.
Here they are! All have to go inside C/K/O, perhaps you should also create an SSDT for implementation, check boot arguments related to brcm in case you need to set country code for 5Ghz
Post Merged
@Shaneee, I'm guessing you are out of ideas too right... :( This is the one instance where I might think of going back to Intel, I can't afford to not be able to use every resource I have in music production.. Perhaps a Catalina thing? I have tried adding more ram, since it might be due to memory allocation but to no avail.. I have also tried most possible combinations of AptioFix, to no avail too. Any ideas??
Post Merged
Anyone, can anyone tell me if they are using AMD for music production?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's entirely possible it's looking for an Intel CPU instruction which we can't reproduce without some extensive emulation.
DREnan liked this
Shaneee wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:14 pm It's entirely possible it's looking for an Intel CPU instruction which we can't reproduce without some extensive emulation.
I have tried the same plugin in the same DAW in windows and no problems here... Some other plugins don't seem to give me this kind of trouble... Perhaps something to do with 32bits? How would I check if plugin loads any 32bit instances or anything similar?

It's just weird that it only happens with some :|

EDIT: BTW I'm open to try stuff if you like @Shaneee, I don't mind tinkering around
It would work on Windows as it natively supports Intel and AMD. macOS however is only expecting an Intel CPU. We can get macOS to run on AMD but we can't modify the applications that are looking for an Intel CPU specifically.

@fozteh , included EFI and latest updates

Just checked on other install, not working.

I had already ordered Intel components to build a […]

yes thats why I am using xfx rx580 for the instal[…]