Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Hardware List
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero (non-WiFi)
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16
  • AMD Radeon VII
  • Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD (macOS Catalina 10.15.1)
  • ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Windows 10)
  • Fenvi T919 (works OOB. Probably going to get a BRCM94602CDP from a 2017 iMac for BT 4.2, but it's also native so it works OOB)
  • Monoprice ZeroG 35" 3440x1440 120 Hz Ultrawide Monitor
  • LG 24UD58-B 4K 60 Hz Monitor
OpenCore Config
  • SMBIOS: iMacPro1,1
  • Kexts
    • Lilu
    • VirtualSMC
    • AppleALC
    • Whatever Green
    • NullCPUPowerManagement
    • SmallTreeIntel82576
    • AppleMCEReporterDisabler
    • AGPMInjector (adds Native GPU Power Management. See AGPMInjector | Pavo-IM's Github)
  • ACPI
    • SSDT-EC
    • SSDT-Plug (adds X86PlatformPlugin, needed for AGPMInjector above)
  • Drivers
    • HfsPlus
    • ApfsDriverLoader
    • FwRuntimeServices
Working
  • Ethernet
  • Audio: AppleALC Layout 3 (this seems to work best, but I still get some "skipping" every once in a while)
  • iMessage
  • Facetime, including WiFi calling through my iPhone on T-Mobile
  • AirDrop
  • Handoff
  • Authentication with Apple Watch
Not Working
  1. Unlock with Apple Watch: spins for a few seconds and says "unlocking with apple watch" and then gives up.
  2. Sleep: Very inconsistent. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it wakes up half-way but not enough to do anything and requires a hard reset. It's seems to happen more often the longer I leave it asleep (over night is sometimes okay, but a full day is almost guaranteed to trigger the issue when I wake it up).
  3. SideCar: it connects but then I just get a black screen on my iPad Pro 9.7"
  4. DRM: HW encoding shows a fully supported with VideoProc but when using Amazon Prime Video in Safari I just get "Unsupported Plug-in" and on the DRM Test here it just spins, so I'm not sure what's going on. I don't have Netflix to test with but I imagine it'll be the same story. If there's any other indicators I'm happy to test.

So overall, my system works very well. :D Obviously I'd like to to resolve what still isn't working (those are in order of priority to me), so if anyone has any insight I would very much appreciate it.

Advertising

Hi,

could you poste your complete OpenCORE EFI here? I have the same Board.

Thank you
Post Merged
@FriedEngineer

do you still use this config - can you post your EFI here please?
Installer doesn't detect M.2 SSD

I can boot to the installer without problems, howe[…]

Of course, if all the PCIe slots are full or ina[…]

Hi all, sorry for my english ^^" I'm try to i[…]

Hi, I have same MB with 2700 CPU and RX 580 runni[…]