Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: joezhang3
I have used OpenCore 0.5.2 with installing Catalina 10.15.1, all works fine except one USB 3.0 issue.

All of my USB ports are functional well, but if I plug devices (say keyboard, mouse) into the USB 3.0 port, and then sleep, the monitor will be black as expected after a short term, but the light of the power keeps on and also CPU fans keeps running, which indicates that it is not sleep. But I cannot wake it up by pressing power button or mouse or keyboard, what I can do only is long press to the power button to force shutdown the system and reboot.

If I plug those devices into the USB 2.0 port, all works fine. I can make it sleep and wake it up successfully.

I have USBInjectAll.kext and USBPower.kext included. Any suggestions? thanks,

My build is:

Ryzen 2600x + MSI B450M mortar + RX 590.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

by: arnolix
same problem . who fix it ?
by: HackeyMac
I'm having almost the exact same problem with Sleep, in that it behaves exactly the same way your system does when I put it in sleep mode (display turns off, fans stay on, won't wake, have to hold power button, etc).

I haven't had a chance to try plugging things in to different ports (USB 2 vs USB 3) yet to see if that affects sleep mode like it does your system.
Post Merged
I can confirm that when I had these same sleep mode problems, all my USB devices that were connected to the system were plugged in to the USB 3.0 ports.
Post Merged
I tried plugging the keyboard and mouse into the USB 2.0 ports and things improved, but are less than ideal:

Sleeping:
The system takes a long time to go to sleep. Way longer than it should.

Waking Up:
Waking up from sleep is tricky, because the system will wake up without turning the display back on. Waiting patiently for the display to come on by itself results in the system going back to sleep. The only way I've found to get it to fully wake up is to tap a key or mouse button just after the rest of the system is running again.

Aside from these things, it doesn't seem to be causing any other problems such as instability or loss of features or functionality.
Post Merged
I tweaked my bios settings and things improved a lot. It still takes a lot longer to go to sleep than it should, about 20 to 30 seconds, but waking up is now snappy and complete. The problem with the display requiring extra actions on the keyboard or mouse has gone away. The display now comes back on immediately.

The only quirk remaining is that the keyboard and mouse must be plugged in to USB 2.0 ports, not USB 3.0 ports. I don't mind this at all because they're just input devices. They don't need the bandwidth that USB 3.x provides, and it keeps that bandwidth available for things that need it. I tested sleep mode while a USB 3.0 thumbdrive is plugged into the USB 3.0 ports. It causes no problem at all.

I'm now happy enough with sleep functionality on this system. I made a few changes in bios all at once so I'm not sure which one did the trick. I'll post an update here once I've narrowed down exactly which bios parameter change did the trick.
Post Merged
Haven't had a chance to narrow down the bios parameters yet, but I did have time to make a list of the parameters that I've been messing with to get sleep mode working:
  • Legacy USB Support: Disabled
  • Resume by PCIe Device: Enabled
  • Resume by USB Device: Enabled
  • Resume from S3/S4/S5 by PS/2 Mouse: Enabled
  • Resume from S3/S4/S5 by PS/2 Keyboard: "Any Key"

It's possible that there's an issue specific to US[…]

Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1060, Asrock350m pro4

Hello, congratulation for your hackintosh! I just […]

My wish list...

Hi all, I'm new here so please don't throw me to […]

Hi, i successfully installed Catalina 10.15.2 on m[…]