Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: tung_opeth
I just upgraded my ryzen system to catalina, but it again not showing the login screen, i have to physically reseat my HDMI cable to make it show up. what can i do to fix this?

spec: ryzen 5 3600, x470 strix , rx580 sapphire

with many thanks

here is my EFI folder

https://drive.google.com/file/d/114AgIU ... fP02WpieqQ

Quick update, I managed to solve the problem by using openCore, works solid so far so good. Hope this can help someone who build a dual system like me

Update, i used the brcmpatchram3 to get my bluetooth working, but it makes the problem to be back again, is there anyone encountered the same ?
Last edited by tung_opeth on Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertising

by: vinodh
It’s possible that it’s trying to output to one of the Display Ports instead of HDMI.

Try connecting to Display Port and see what happens. The other trick that worked for me is to restart the PC, go to Windows, restart from Windows and boot back into macOS.

It doesn’t make sense to me but once I do that that, then the black screen problem goes away. It’s almost like going to Windows and then back to macOS somehow reconfigures Clover or the UEFI.
vinodh wrote:It’s possible that it’s trying to output to one of the Display Ports instead of HDMI.

Try connecting to Display Port and see what happens. The other trick that worked for me is to restart the PC, go to Windows, restart from Windows and boot back into macOS.

It doesn’t make sense to me but once I do that that, then the black screen problem goes away. It’s almost like going to Windows and then back to macOS somehow reconfigures Clover or the UEFI.
thank you for your response, i will give it a try,

I can confirm that it will show the login screen normally with DisplayPort, but i dont want to because :

- I am using the Displayport for gaming on Windows, and the DP is plugged into my 1070 GPU (I am using dual boot system, and I have to use displayport on the Windows system to utilize the Gsync function)
- My monitor has only 1 HDMI port and 1 Displayport port

I will try to boot in windows with my rx580 once and restart as you suggested and share the result later
Post Merged
Update, i used the brcmpatchram3 to get my bluetooth working, but it makes the problem to be back again, is there anyone encountered the same ?
vinodh liked this
by: Doesha
Had a similar issue. Make sure you have the whatevergreen and lilu kext in your clover /other folder. You will need to boot with -radvesa also at first. Then once you are in, you need to modify 2 kext in S/L/E. Heres what I did:

I use 3 displays with a ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G via DP, HDMI x2. I had to edit the AMD9510Controller.kext and AMDRadeox4100.kext under S/L/E and add '0x67DF1002' to this for our cards to be fully recognized with acceleration as '0x67EF1002' is only under IOPCIMatch string.
Doesha wrote:Had a similar issue. Make sure you have the whatevergreen and lilu kext in your clover /other folder. You will need to boot with -radvesa also at first. Then once you are in, you need to modify 2 kext in S/L/E. Heres what I did:

I use 3 displays with a ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G via DP, HDMI x2. I had to edit the AMD9510Controller.kext and AMDRadeox4100.kext under S/L/E and add '0x67DF1002' to this for our cards to be fully recognized with acceleration as '0x67EF1002' is only under IOPCIMatch string.
hi Doesha, i can not find the 2 kexts you mentioned above, do I have to download it and install to my SLE?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What version of Catalina are you using? 10.15.1? That is strange. When I get off work, I can upload those. Before adding them though, I would make a full cloned copy of your system running as is at the moment. These should be in S/L/E and havet o get installed int here.

Can you upload a copy of your config.plist so i can take a look at it for you
@Doesha,
hi, I am using 10.15.1, here is my config.plist
config.plist.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tung_opeth wrote:@Doesha,
hi, I am using 10.15.1, here is my config.plist
config.plist.zip
Your config.plist is empty. But try adding this to your current one.
In Clover Configurator under Devices I added '0x67DF1002' without the quotes to the ATI under Fake ID and also under Graphics I check marked 'Inject ATI' added '4096' to VRAM and 'Nonsense' under FB Name.
You also need to add the attached Kext files to your S/L/E using Kext Utility (you may have to make it read write) Everything is attached
Post Merged
config.plist.zip
tung_opeth liked this
:thumbup: :clap: Enjoy

If you boot into Windows and subsequently soft-boo[…]

Hello, thanks for your reply! I am afraid the USB […]

Unable to install macOS

Hello, I've been using hackintosh a couple of ye[…]

Hello! I need a little help with my clover configu[…]