Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Recently I finally figured out how to get macOS Mojave working in virtual box with an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU. Here are the steps I took to get it working. I'm not sure if they'll translate over to other AMD CPUs seamlessly but I've failed to find a compiled guide to get the whole system working in one article. Note, I haven't figured out how to get audio working yet so if anyone could give some pointers, that'd be greatly appreciated.

1. Follow techsviewer's article (https://techsviewer.com/install-macos-1 ... x-windows/) but DO NOT load the virtual after you complete all the steps.
2. You're probably going to want the display to be fullscreen so in command prompt, move to the virtualbox folder and type this command (also sourced from this article: https://techsviewer.com/how-to-enter-fu ... irtualbox/) and target your virtual machine with this command:
Code: Select all
VBoxManage setextradata “your vm name” VBoxInternal2/EfiGraphicsResolution WIDTHxHEIGHT
chaning the width and height to your desired dimensions. DO NOT REMOVE THE LOWERCASE x FROM IN BETWEEN THEM.
3. To finally make the vm not freak out when it realises that your CPU is not an intel, again move to the virtualbox folder and target your VM with this command (personally, I have tried to find a list of supported CPUs that Apple has hard-coded, so I think, into their OS, but haven't found such a thing so whenever I've tried setting a different intel CPU, it just loses it **** so if anyone can explain, it would be much obliged):
Code: Select all
VBoxManage modifyvm "your vm name" --cpu-profile "Intel Core i7-6700K"
4. Now, download the virtualbox extension pack from their website and install it. (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads)
5. Now go back into the actual settings of your VM (inside the UI instance) and set the USB version (or something like that) to USB 3.0 and add your keyboard and mouse as dedicated devices. Save and give your actual PC a restart because some background VB processes make the VM go brain dead; so unless you want that, restart your PC.
6. Finally, load VB and start your VM and hopefully it will go through all the BIOS crap and you now need too setup your mac. Your keyboard and mouse will be dedicated to the VM so you need to finish setting up your mac. I've tried adding my keyboard and mouse after I've run the virtual for the first time and every time I did, the VM shat itself.
7. Once your mac has been setup, shut it down and find a way to turn off and start again (or straight restart) your PC.
8. Once your PC is back on, remove the keyboard and mouse from the USB settings and start your virtual. Now your VM has found your keyboard and mouse but it isn't trapping them or not working.
9. If luck's on your side, you'll have successfully created an AMD Mojave virtual but keep in mind, it doesn't have sound which I don't know how to fix yet.

Sorry if the instructions weren't very clear; I didn't have a lot of time to write this. Feedback would be appreciated if you spot anything I've done which is plain stupid or you know a better way to do it. To be honest though, I probably won't be creating another Mojave virtual locally because it was a pain in the ass to get it working so I'm pretty happy with what I've got. Cheers

Advertising

I'm pretty sure (don't take my word for it) I had hardware acceleration on when I was writing this tutorial but I think I turned it off when Android Studio was throwing a hissy fit at the VM. You might just have to find out yourself to be honest. Worse case, the VM will crap itself and you might have to just re-make it from scratch.
Hi, thanks for your post, was so helpful, just wanna add i was stuck on "Start RandomSeed", i found this steps to fix the problem:
Go to the VirtualBox settings for your macOS >> settings >> System >> acceleration tab >> uncheck the Enable Nested Paging

Thanks again.
nvidia gpu laggy

I use this driver on my GTX 1070: https://images.n[…]

Install the nvidia web driver for 10.13.6 here: ht[…]

Hey guys! The issue is still present even with the[…]

Whats your system specs ? Post a dump using dar[…]