Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hi,
I'm encountering the following issue considering the audio interface i'm using.
I've installed High Sierra V2 on the following system :
AMD FX : 8320
MoBo: Asrock 990 FX Extreme 3
Ram : 10 GB DDR3 1333 mhz
GPU : Nvidia 1050 ti MSI

After some research i finally was able to install the HDA Voodoo for onboard audio and nvidia network drivers.
For Bootloader i'm suing Enoch and Clover.
The problem is the following:
When i'm connecting my audio interface on USB 2 it's just displayed under devices as a USB 2 device without letting me select it as the primary audio device. If it's connected on USB 3 the device is displayed as a selectable audio device but with 2 big problems , 1) The sound is cracking after 2 seconds and stops , 2) My PC goes under a sudden restart. This leads me to believe that it provides some kind of usb2 support issue.
Stuff i've tried so far :
1) USBFIX (Including deleting the GenericUSB.kext)
2) Using the Focusrite Native support .pkg
3) Uninstalling VooDoo HDA in case it's having an issue when the interface is connected as a usb 2 device

If anyone has encountered a similar problem please provide me with some help, would be highly appriciated as i'm actually going nuts over this issue.

Thanks in advance

Advertising

I’ve got exactly the same problem with my Scarlett 2i2 first gen!
I tried patching ACPI trough Clover and tried all of your steps as well.
Didnt fix it for me. Im currently looking to try the following Sierra fix on HS, but there seems to be something wrong with the download link...
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1746
I’m also running a FX Cpu (8350).
Only difference is that I’m running V3.
even I used to face this issue! what I did was connect the audio interface to all the usb hubs one after another! make sure its "usb 3 hubs". the audio interface starts working at one perfect usb hub! There is no need to use external kexts for this issue.
rohan wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:15 am
even I used to face this issue! what I did was connect the audio interface to all the usb hubs one after another! make sure its "usb 3 hubs". the audio interface starts working at one perfect usb hub! There is no need to use external kexts for this issue.
For me there is not a single one that works, also I do need the generic usb kext as my USB 3.0 doesnt work without it.

EDIT:

Just tried again, with the GenericUSB kext I get USB3 support, sound card gets recognised when plugged into USB3 but sound is distorted and stops after a few seconds. (with some occasional noise and pieces of audio).
I tried all USB3 ports, they all have this problem. USB2 in this configuration does show the device in System Profiler, but doesnt see it as an audio output.

I decided to remove GenericUSB kext and the dummy kexts, cleared cache and confirmed the kexts were not running on the new boot.
USB3 ports don't work anymore, and after trying every single USB2 port, I found that the sound card is still not recognised as audio input, yet visible in System profiler.

I've included a DPCIManager screenshot of my PCI list (made after removing the USB kexts):
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 12.58.42.png
EDIT2:

Also tried using only the dummy kexts, exactly the same results as without all usb kexts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
problems with usb audio interface sure is complicated..
audio codec just don't work like you using intel procie..
i think for audio you should move to intel, or try buy new audio interface like steinberg product..
my steinberg ur824 just works fine on my amd, but my audient interface didn't work at all...
@rohan, thank you it worked for me trying different usb 3 port. scarlet 2i2 2nd gen
Post Merged
Logic Pro and cube 9 pro recognize audio input.. the last thing on my setup is the bluetooth and wifi. waiting for the Broadcom bluetooth from Amazon ....Llong wait :) wifi not important since there is not update needed for hackintosh.. win 10 boot will work with wifi dongle.. truly amazing to see the hackintosh work on AMD.. Thanks to all informative posts

yes supported,,anyway got working snow leopard,yos[…]

Compatibility Check

Hi Guys, just starting out with the whole Hackinto[…]

tried but didint worked Post Merged here is my[…]

Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas and happy new year Shanee and tha[…]

AMD OS X Advertisements