Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Norton287
Maverick is an old OS and drivers or kexts are old as well some modern hardware may not work correctly while some won't work at all. So install it with that knowledge.

Thank you for choosing the AMD-OSX MaverickAMD Image for use with Windows. In this short tutorial I will show you how to perform the install steps to get the MaverickAMD Installed and the PostInstall steps. You might want to print this out or make some notes.

Download Link:
Code: Select all
http://bit.ly/MaverickAMD

To begin use Transmac to restore the MaverickAMD.dmg file to a USB drive, the USB drive needs to be at least 8GBs in size. This tutorial by Shaneee covers using Transmac to restore dmg images to USB: http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1213 Once you have the image restored you want to boot off the USB drive. You want to select Boot macOS from MaverickAMD to begin. If you get a Waiting on Root Device message, move the USB to a different port for a few seconds to see if the install continues. If it does not then keep moving ports until it does.

You’ll see messages flash past the screen as it boots, then the installer will load the GUI.

First is to setup the partition on which you’ll install MaverickAMD, you do this with Disk Utility. Click Utilities Menu Option and select Disk Utility, this will load it.

Select then Hard Drive you want to install to and click on the partition button on then right panel. This will bring up the partitioning window.

Click on the + sign to add a new partition, name the partition MaverickOS and enter the size you want it to be, then click Apply. It will create the partition and erase it at the same time.

Now that the partition is made, quit Disk Utility to return to the installer. At the installer click on Continue.

Click on Agree to the License Terms.

Now select your partition from the list, it will have the name you gave it in Disk Utility.

Click Continue to begin the installation.

Once installation is complete the installer will restart.

Once it restarts, boot off the USB again and choose Boot macOS from MaverickAMD to start the installer again.

Now you need to run PostInstall to copy the kernel and kexts over to your partition. From the Utilities Menu Option choose Terminal. When Terminal loads you will be presented with a command prompt. Now enter the following commands:
Code: Select all
cd /Volumes/MaverickAMD/PostInsall/Files
sh post.sh
When the shell script asks for your partition name, enter the name you named the partition to install MaverickAMD on.

POSTINSTALL

Now we begin PostInstall, now we boot from the USB to your installed partition. Choose Boot macOS from MaverickOS to begin booting to your hard drive.

The first image you'll see as UI is loaded is the Welcome Screen to choose your country.

Now you select your country keyboard from the list.

Now you want to choose My Computer Does Not Connect To The Internet.

Next is Transfer Information To This Mac, check not at this time.

Click Agree to the Terms and Conditions.

Enter you login information for your user account.

Click on the world map to choose your time zone.

Now you'll be taken to your desktop. Double click the MaverickAMD icon on your desktop to open it. Double click on the PostInstall folder.

Then double click on Clover folder to open it.

Once Clover folder is open, double click the Clover installer package to launch the installer. You want to follow this guide on installing clover to your hard drive: http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3039

Once Clover is installed, Ctrl Left click on the Clover Configurator icon to launch it.

Now that Clover Configurator is open, at the bottom of the right hand pane is a list of Drives and Folders. Double click on the Clover folder next to MaverickOS - EFI - Clover - config.plist. That will open your Clover folder.

Now you will have two Clover Folders open. The one you installed and the one from the installer. The installer clover folder has the Clover Installer, Clover Configurator and a config.plist file. Select the config.plist file and drag it to the other Clover Folder to overwrite the existing file.

Click on Authenticate to input your username and password you created before. This will overwrite the existing config.plist with the one we need to use to boot.

With that done reboot without the USB where you'll be presented with a Clover Boot Menu. Choose Boot from macos from MaverickOS to boot into your Maverick installation. Once at the desktop click on the Finder menu item and choose Preferences. In the Preferences dialog select Hard disks and your hard drives will appear, click on Sidebar and select all the options there. Now click on Advanced and choose Show All Filename Extensions.
aleksan149 liked this

Advertising

by: satelli
This file has been deleted :roll:
屏幕快照 2017-11-27 18.59.59.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reorganizaed files forgot about link, new link up with mirror.
mauimade71 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:52 pm
cannot boot into welcome screendid all the steps up to the terminal part. After when i reboot it goes to back to install mode.
If you followed the tutorial verbatim you should be able to do the first boot into the welcome screen. And then install clover to boot on its own.
by: madrirand
@Norton
I can't go to welcome screen, after kernel requests now disabled the pc will restart.
Post Merged
@Norton
I cant go to welcome screen, after that message the pc will restart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sorry, but I don't know where to find/upgrade it. […]

[Posible Solution] I had the same problem, then I […]

How to install Mojave

Change to another USB port and check if your USB […]

I used High Sierra v2, v2.5 (Clover And Enoch), V3[…]

AMD OS X Advertisements