Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
@kastermester,
you should check if you can connect any devices to your TS dock. For me, TB3 is working without hot-plugging but in system info it always says under the "Thunderbolt" tab that "no drivers loaded". This seems to be a common problem with Titan Ridge controllers in Hackintosh builds.

Advertising

teseraph wrote:@kastermester,
you should check if you can connect any devices to your TS dock. For me, TB3 is working without hot-plugging but in system info it always says under the "Thunderbolt" tab that "no drivers loaded". This seems to be a common problem with Titan Ridge controllers in Hackintosh builds.
Great to know! Sadly no luck here. USB devices (mouse, or my installation medium) is not registering, neither is my network card :(
@kastermester,
Docks are possibly a different beast. Let me show you guys that I'm telling the truth :D The Drobo software shows the active interface, if you use USB-C it would say so. See below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
@teseraph,

That sounds rather promising. Do you happen to have Windows installed on the same machine? And does Thunderbolt work under macOS only after you first boot into Windows?

In other words, do your Thunderbolt devices still function if you perform a cold boot into macOS? This is done by shutting down the system and then flipping the power switch on the PSU to OFF for about 10 seconds. And then booting straight into macOS first.

Your IORegistryExplorer screenshot is indeed proof that Thunderbolt (not USB-C) is actually working! If a device is connected to either DSB1 or DSB4 then it's 100% Thunderbolt!
@kastermester,

Please note that System Information --> Thunderbolt will always say No drivers are loaded until we get Thunderbolt Bus and Thunderbolt Local Node activated. So instead, please check System Information --> PCI.
CaseySJ wrote:@iGPU,

I've never been able to get reliable behavior with XMP Profile enabled on either my Creator or Taichi board. So I simply disable XMP and manually set the memory speed via the pop-up menu to about 2933 MHz. Even though I'm using 3600MHz (Creator) and 3200MHz (Taichi) RAM, I haven't yet bumped the speeds up beyond 2933 MHz.

On both my X570 Create and X570 Taichi, I am booting without any problems with a PCIe NVMe SSD in GPP2. But both boards have only one NVMe installed.
CaseySJ,

Sorry, I misspoke. (I'll correct my earlier post.)

My GGP2 (M2_1) does not disappear but becomes GPP0 (same M2_1 slot) when TB is enabled, but I do have NVMe SSDs installed in both M2_1 and M2_2. For reference, the M2_1 slot is closest to PCIe Slot-1, while the M2_2 slot is closest to the Reset and Power buttons under the large heat sink/fan shroud.

What disappears from booting is the drive located at M2_2. This drive normally appears at PCI0.BXBR.BYUP.BYD1.BYS1. You will see this drive present in IORegistryExplorer no matter the TB status; you just won't see it in BIOS to boot from if TB is enabled.

When TB is enabled, M2_1 becomes GPP2/D006. When TB is disabled, M2_1 becomes GPP0/D004. This is why I have 2 different SSDT files (one for GPP0 and the other for GPP2) and keep both activated. Which ever one is appropriate shows up and I see no detrimental effect having both active. I think that the dependency you found with the AmdTable.aml files may not matter, if TB is disabled and the other SSDT is working. (At any rate our goal is to have TB enabled.)

UPDATE (2/26/20): see this post, viewtopic.php?p=55078#p55078, for more details.
Last edited by iGPU on Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
iGPU wrote: ...
CaseySJ,

Did you see the bottom of this post and image (viewtopic.php?p=54976#p54976) regarding USB2 status on the TB port? I don't know if changing the "UsbConnector" value will help you.
Yes I saw that -- I tried both "3" and "9" unsuccessfully, but haven't tried "0". However, only "9" seems correct because the physical port is USB Type C.

I must say that ASRock's ACPI implementation is mind blowingly awful...
@CaseySJ
Yes, I have Windows installed but I rarely boot into Windows. I can confirm that a cold boot as described allows me to boot directly into macOS and the TB devices are visible. If you need any IOReg or other readouts let me know please.

@iGPU
I sent you a PM with some small questions :)
@iGPU,

"This mobo does support, although I've not tested, PCIe4 NVMe devices, which theoretically doubles the read/write speed."

It does and it works (see below) :) I wish I could get the 2TB version but at 500 USD (in Japan) I did not want to invest in this at first. And as for the 5900XT, it will arrive just in time for me to either upgrade to a 3950X or make another computer that goes with it!!!

@teseraph,

Really? TB3 works? And you are on the same setup as ours (Undestsant the EFI that is provided here?

If so I am going to order this baby (https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/express-4m2) and test it with a single M2 first and if it really works well, then 8TB RAID 0 Here I come, baby! Hot-plug would be nice but I will live with having to reboot the computer if needed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
@teseraph,

Maybe there's something in your BIOS settings that the rest of us are overlooking? Do you recall making any special changes to BIOS settings?
teseraph wrote: 1) the XHCIPortLimit quirk is set to True - is this still needed?
2) To my knowledge, the boot-arg npci=0x2000 shouldn't be used in conjunction with "Above 4G decoding" enabled in the BIOS. It works, but is not recommended. Can you confirm you have CSM disabled and "Abv 4g dec" enabled in the BIOS?
Ans.
1) XHCIPortLimit can be turned OFF (False)

2) I tested with CSM disabled, boot is okay with:
A) + npci=0x2000 and "Above 4G decoding" disabled or enabled
B) no npci=0x2000 and "Above 4G decoding" enabled
(I did not check "no npci=0x2000" and "Above 4G decoding" disabled.)

I'm now running with 2B: no npci=0x2000 and "Above 4G decoding" enabled, CSM disabled. I'll keep system like this and monitor about overall stability. So far, this setup boots well into both Mojave and Catalina.

I've changed the boot arguments from original (2nd image) as recently uploaded to current (3rd image).

I also removed alcid=1 from the boot argument as I believe it is present in the Device Properties section as layout-id (CaseySJ, please correct me if I'm mistaken about alcid=1 ≈ layout-id).
Post Merged
CaseySJ wrote: Maybe there's something in your BIOS settings that the rest of us are overlooking? Do you recall making any special changes to BIOS settings?
CalDigit TB3 device plugged into TB_1 port and an SSD plugged in TB_2 port with USB-C cable.

Nothing special about BIOS. TB enabled and Security disabled. (I think I did flash v50 in Windows several weeks ago; copies of which I'd PM'd you.)
CaseySJ liked this
Catalina 10.15.4 Update Bug?

@Shaneee - great! :thumbup: Thank you!

Hi, i don't understand how someone ask for help, f[…]

Sorry for the bump. Am searching for answers. We[…]

I have a macOS APFS drive, a Windows NTFS drive an[…]