Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Not sure if your system will work? Ask for help with a compatibility check.
Imanol wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:47 pm I'm building a 3970x and Radeon 5700 XT computer. I'd love to get Hackintosh running too!
SoerenL wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:30 pm Hi, I see several people mentioning the Gigabyte Designare mainboard. Anybody have any recommendation which mainboard(s) odds would be in favour of working at some point ?
I got an ASUS TRX4 ROG STRIX TRX40-E GAMING. Not really sure if it's the best choice but it has a good quality/price ratio and I saw that other "ASUS ROG STRIX" models (on Intel) have been used succesfully for stable hackintosh builds.
Hi, I ordered the same mobo :thumbup: do you have any idea if it supports iommu ? (needed to get good graphics performance in VM). I think for the time being I’ll need to run macos in a VM on it.

Advertising

It seems Morgonaut has gotten one to work! She has not posted the specs just yet, though the disk read/write, and cinebench/geekbench does indicate it is a TR CPU based on Zen 2. Though it is a 64-core one (3990X?). So excited to get macOS on my machine hopefully tomorrow when she posts her guide and specs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-1aFfToXzk
@Jaraheel
We have OSX working in that way from december/genuary :)
It is a KVM/Qemu vm
Also fyi it is a 3970x or a capped 3990x @32cores+ 32 threads
If you follow KVM channel on @shanee discord you will be able to build exact system (you have a pretty similar system of me (and she) :)
Post Merged
This is Mojave..but also the same with other OSX system :)
Post Merged
ie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drlove liked this
Catalina 10.15.4 Update Bug?

@Shaneee - great! :thumbup: Thank you!

Hi, i don't understand how someone ask for help, f[…]

Sorry for the bump. Am searching for answers. We[…]

I have a macOS APFS drive, a Windows NTFS drive an[…]