Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hi everyone. I am trying, with my limited knowledge to have Bluetooth working on my Setup (AMD Vanilla, 3900X, X570 Creator).
I must have screwed up somewhere with the Kext as my card is showing in USB (see below) but the Bluetooth seems incorrect (see below). How can I fix this?
Also, WiFi is working just fine, and both MB Bluetooth and Wifi have been disabled to avoid problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

Weird. Just got the card and it worked immediately for me.

That looks very wrong, manufacturer should be Broadcom etc.

Also you mention kexts. I have zero kexts and/or extra configurations for the fenvi card. Perhaps try remove everything related?

My only problems now are 1 - cant get unlock with apple watch to work and 2 the bt signal is pretty weak so I need to get an antenna extension (hoping it's related to 1)
bjar wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:53 am My unlock with Apple Watch would not enable at first either but after a few days it just started working. I also mapped my USB ports some time in between there so may have had something to do with it.
Interesting info, thanks. Don't want to hijack the thread but just ask quickly how did you map the usb ports? I opened IORegistryExplorer and I see no obvious orphans on my system so not sure how to go about this. Def want to try now if it's likely to help with the apple watch
My USB ports all seemed to be initially mapped correctly except the port type (they were all called USB3. I got a USB3 and USB2 drive and tested all of them and set up the Kext with the correct port type. Hackintool was a little easier to use than IOReggistryExplorer, to see how the ports were working. Don't use hackintool to generate the kext though. Also, not sure how your board is set up but I turned off all of the XHCO ports, and just use the PTXH. This leaves me with 4 unusable USB3 ports on the back IO (still work but not great), but my front USB3 port still works kinda. All the rest are USB2. And that front port causes issues when I wake from sleep if a flash drive is in it it has been unmounted. So seems like USB3 may cause issues.

After I did the map, sleep works a lot better and apple watch, handoff, and continuity all work. I used a mix of 3 different guides that I found in the forum. If you can't find them let me know.
bjar wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:50 pm My USB ports all seemed to be initially mapped correctly except the port type (they were all called USB3. I got a USB3 and USB2 drive and tested all of them and set up the Kext with the correct port type. Hackintool was a little easier to use than IOReggistryExplorer, to see how the ports were working. Don't use hackintool to generate the kext though. Also, not sure how your board is set up but I turned off all of the XHCO ports, and just use the PTXH. This leaves me with 4 unusable USB3 ports on the back IO (still work but not great), but my front USB3 port still works kinda. All the rest are USB2. And that front port causes issues when I wake from sleep if a flash drive is in it it has been unmounted. So seems like USB3 may cause issues.

After I did the map, sleep works a lot better and apple watch, handoff, and continuity all work. I used a mix of 3 different guides that I found in the forum. If you can't find them let me know.
Please share the guides - I'd really appreciate it. The more documentation the better.

It sounds interesting because as mentioned my aw unlock doesnt work and enabling sleep will render the system unable to wake up - need to do a hard reboot.

Hopefully this is the key !
Sorry guys, to be late on this one. So after updating the EFI provided by people there viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9645&start=80 the card worked immediately!
Post Merged
@davesmif, And yes the BT signal is weak so I am using the extended Antena module provided with my X570 Creator board, works MUCH better!
Catalina 10.15.4 Update Bug?

@Shaneee - great! :thumbup: Thank you! Post Mer[…]

Hi, i don't understand how someone ask for help, f[…]

Sorry for the bump. Am searching for answers. We[…]

I have a macOS APFS drive, a Windows NTFS drive an[…]