Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
It doesn't matter which BL you use (I use OpenCore). Also, you shouldn't use kext I posted earlier, because it has ports mapped for my mobo - it may work, but also it may not. Ideally, you should map your ports according to this guide: https://github.com/khronokernel/Opencor ... USB-map.md
I prepared a kext that will turn off only XHC0 ports without PTXH mapping, but it will work only with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. If you have other SMBIOS you can edit Info.plist. As to which ports will be disabled, it depends on how much ports on your mobo are derived from XHC0 - usually most of the rear ports (I lost 4). USB2.0-only and ports from headers on motherboard are usually PTXH.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DanthePan liked this

Advertising

djseban wrote:It doesn't matter which BL you use (I use OpenCore). Also, you shouldn't use kext I posted earlier, because it has ports mapped for my mobo - it may work, but also it may not. Ideally, you should map your ports according to this guide: https://github.com/khronokernel/Opencor ... USB-map.md
I prepared a kext that will turn off only XHC0 ports without PTXH mapping, but it will work only with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. If you have other SMBIOS you can edit Info.plist. As to which ports will be disabled, it depends on how much ports on your mobo are derived from XHC0 - usually most of the rear ports (I lost 4). USB2.0-only and ports from headers on motherboard are usually PTXH.
When I tested with your kext all my USB ports were gone so I removed it. What am I doing wrong? Here is my mapping of back ports on Aorus B450i Pro Wifi:

USB2.0 / USB3.0
PRT4 / PRT8 - P0T6 / P0T2 - PRT2 / PRT6
PRT3 / PRT7 - P0T5 / P0T1 - PRT1 / PRT5

WIFI built-in - P014
I have not used any internal USB2 headers but will when I install the motherboard in the case.
xhc0 setup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djseban wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:25 am It doesn't matter which BL you use (I use OpenCore). Also, you shouldn't use kext I posted earlier, because it has ports mapped for my mobo - it may work, but also it may not. Ideally, you should map your ports according to this guide: https://github.com/khronokernel/Opencor ... USB-map.md
This worked perfectly for me. My hackintosh was already using the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS so just dropped this kext into the kext folder. Finally my Catalina hackintosh sleeps after searching for days for a solution. Thanks a heap for the help!
asle wrote:
djseban wrote:It doesn't matter which BL you use (I use OpenCore). Also, you shouldn't use kext I posted earlier, because it has ports mapped for my mobo - it may work, but also it may not. Ideally, you should map your ports according to this guide: https://github.com/khronokernel/Opencor ... USB-map.md
When I tested with your kext all my USB ports were gone so I removed it. What am I doing wrong? Here is my mapping of back ports on Aorus B450i Pro Wifi:

USB2.0 / USB3.0
PRT4 / PRT8 - P0T6 / P0T2 - PRT2 / PRT6
PRT3 / PRT7 - P0T5 / P0T1 - PRT1 / PRT5

WIFI built-in - P014
I have not used any internal USB2 headers but will when I install the motherboard in the case.
xhc0 setup.png
Literally all? When using killXHC0.kext only XHC0 should be gone, all PTXH ports should be in working order. Also AMD-USB-Map.kext should contain info only on PTXH.
Sorry @djseban, I missed your reply! Yes, your killXHC0.kext works fine! And has helped me closer to solve my sleep problems! Look at attached ports (second image) when my USBPorts.kext is enabled. Does not work.
only_PTXH.png
with_USBPorts_kext.png
Now to get my USBPorts.kext to work! Could you take a look at it? It is attached. Would be very grateful!
you think u can help me too with my USB map pls ?
We have no exemple with this config :/ never see UHC bus
I sit with the same sleep problem, no USB issues since the mini-itx boards have far less USB ports. I have a Ryzen 9 3900x on Gigabyte X570i Pro Wifi motherboard. All the basics works, but the no sleep is a big deal for us in South Africa, electricity is very expensive and scares. When sleeping my screen goes off and I cant turn it on again, also PC does not go to sleep either, just the screen seemingly. Anyhow, I will continue to browse the net for answers since I ran out of options to try. The killXHC0.kext also disables all my USB ports. Thanks for everyone that is trying to help.

Is it possible that it might work if I map my USB ports myself even though it works?
Stormlister wrote:I sit with the same sleep problem, no USB issues since the mini-itx boards have far less USB ports. I have a Ryzen 9 3900x on Gigabyte X570i Pro Wifi motherboard. All the basics works, but the no sleep is a big deal for us in South Africa, electricity is very expensive and scares. When sleeping my screen goes off and I cant turn it on again, also PC does not go to sleep either, just the screen seemingly. Anyhow, I will continue to browse the net for answers since I ran out of options to try. The killXHC0.kext also disables all my USB ports. Thanks for everyone that is trying to help.

Is it possible that it might work if I map my USB ports myself even though it works?
Sorry my friend, but it looks like all your USB ports are derived from XHC0, so you have two options: either wait for solution for XHC0 or downgrade to Mojave
Catalina 10.15.4 Update Bug?

@Shaneee - great! :thumbup: Thank you!

Hi, i don't understand how someone ask for help, f[…]

Sorry for the bump. Am searching for answers. We[…]

I have a macOS APFS drive, a Windows NTFS drive an[…]