Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
teseraph wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:44 am I'm a freelance filmmaker, so I mostly edit video footage and audio and I'm using this machine for my latest project with DaVinci Resolve 16.1, Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X without any problems.
Hi @tesreaph,
Super excited to learn more of your FCPX experience on this machine; being a filmmaker too, I'm really curious. Are missing anything without QuickSync? What camera / codec are you working with primarily?
Thanks

Advertising

@teseraph,

If you're still having Bluetooth issues, try resetting the Bluetooth module:

1. If the Bluetooth icon does not appear on your menu bar, enable it from the bottom of System Preferences --> Bluetooth.
2. Then SHIFT-OPTION-CLICK on the Bluetooth icon on menu bar.
3. You will see a Debug menu.
4. Move the mouse over it to reveal three sub-menu option. The first sub-menu option will be Reset the Bluetooth module.
5. Select that and check if Bluetooth devices are still paired. If not, re-pair them.
6. Reboot and see if Bluetooth connections are more reliable.
Herb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 pm @CaseySJ,

How close do you think you are to having this working 100%? I've been holding off building a clone of your Designare, because Intel is just so far behind. Think the Creator based system will eventually rival it in stability and function?
Good question:
  • I've extracted the Titan Ridge firmware from the MXIC Flash ROM chip on the X570 Creator. This was done with a CH341a chip reader/programmer.
  • I've also modified the firmware according to the NVM Patching guide by Osy86 located here.
  • But I have not yet flashed the modified ROM back to the X570 Creator! Will do that over the weekend and see how far it goes...
CaseySJ wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:07 pm Good question:
  • I've extracted the Titan Ridge firmware from the MXIC Flash ROM chip on the X570 Creator. This was done with a CH341a chip reader/programmer.
  • I've also modified the firmware according to the NVM Patching guide by Osy86 located here.
  • But I have not yet flashed the modified ROM back to the X570 Creator! Will do that over the weekend and see how far it goes...
This is rather brave thing to do. I don't have the knowledge nor equipment to even attempt something like this. Wow.
CaseySJ wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:38 pm *** UPDATE on X570 CREATOR and Thunderbolt ***

Now we can "fix" both SSDT-5 and SSDT-6 ourselves and load them in. One quick solution for SSDT-5 is to simply create those two missing devices, and to do that at the beginning of the SSDT, like this:

For SSDT-6, the task is harder because we don't know what those two code segments should be. But we can comment them out for now...

Now when we reboot, the Thunderbolt device tree appears. We can even use _DSM (device specific methods) to inject device properties without losing the Thunderbolt device tree. USB-C devices will connect, but Thunderbolt devices -- unfortunately -- still do not work.

I will inform ASRock about these errors in their ACPI firmware. The modified SSDT files (SSDT-5.aml and SSDT-6.aml) are attached (in "Modified-AmdTable.zip").

UPDATED on 2/22/20; problem discussed previous evening were resolved with more consistent naming of the USB devices using new SSDT files.

CaseySJ,

I used your modified SSDT-5 and SSDT-6, with a couple of small changes, and then tried using them with and without an SSDT-TB3 file with _DSM injections. (I am presently at a location without access to a TB device, so I'm only testing the USB-C functionality.) The USB-C functionality is very good; this was not previously reliable, so thanks!

The changes in SSDT-5 and -6 were minimal: in -5, I removed the Device (LPC0) {} section as this method is already injected in an SSDT-EC file, and changed the Device (GPP1) {} to a real Device (GPP2) { Name (_ADR, 0x00010003) ... Device (D006)... }. This same Device (GPP2) was also substituted in the -6 file for GP18 which does not exist (see images below).

As I'd mentioned in a previous post, if TB is enabled in BIOS, what I consider the main NVMe slot changes from GPP0 to GPP2. (If TB is disabled in BIOS, GPP0 is active; all very confusing.)

Using the new SSDT files for USB device naming, a basic SSDT-TB3-_DSM file, and a USBPort injection kext file that includes the TB3 ports, the TB tree looks good. These changes also make for a more uniform labelling of the USB devices. Previously, the device were named XHC, XHCI, XHC2 before TB3 was added; the change now is: XHC, XHC2, XHC3 and XHC5 with XHC5 being for the TB ports. (See the Hackintool USB Devices image below.)

Hot-plugging the USB-C drive is possible. HS01 is the TB port TB_1 (from manual), while HSO2 is the TB_2 port. The image below shows the USB-C removed from TB_1 and hot-plugged into TB_2.

I will update my original EFI folder later today, along with a proper rear panel view, labelling the ports per the included SSDT files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by iGPU on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
CaseySJ liked this
CaseySJ wrote:@teseraph,

If you're still having Bluetooth issues, try resetting the Bluetooth module:

1. If the Bluetooth icon does not appear on your menu bar, enable it from the bottom of System Preferences --> Bluetooth.
2. Then SHIFT-OPTION-CLICK on the Bluetooth icon on menu bar.
3. You will see a Debug menu.
4. Move the mouse over it to reveal three sub-menu option. The first sub-menu option will be Reset the Bluetooth module.
5. Select that and check if Bluetooth devices are still paired. If not, re-pair them.
6. Reboot and see if Bluetooth connections are more reliable.
Tried that, it's still a hit and miss. No problems under Windows. My macOS IOReg and system info show everything as it should be. It's strange to me that the keyboard and mouse work during boot AND on the macOS login screen - and as soon as I entered my password and press the arrow button to login - they both stop responding and I am unable to connect them again. Any insights?

Edit: Someone is trying to make Intel Bluetooth and Wifi natively available for macOS (https://github.com/zxystd/IntelBluetoothFirmware and https://github.com/zxystd/AppleIntelWifiAdapter) Wifi seems in very early development, so the Fenvi PCIe would still be needed, but Intel Bluetooth is marked as stable. Maybe I will try enabling the onboard Intel BT module and see how that goes.
Post Merged
Edit2: I disconnected the Fenvi BT, set OB BT to "on" in the BIOS and used the two BT kexts from the GitHub et voilá: works for now! Let's see how long :D Airdrop, Handoff etc. also working fine. Of course I had to drop the SSDT to suppress port 6. I notice that there even is less latency with the onboard BT module when playing sound to AirPods for example.
Catalina 10.15.4 Update Bug?

@Shaneee - great! :thumbup: Thank you!

Hi, i don't understand how someone ask for help, f[…]

Sorry for the bump. Am searching for answers. We[…]

I have a macOS APFS drive, a Windows NTFS drive an[…]