Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Big thanks to Anti for publishing his EFI Folder. Big help. :thumbup: :clap:

Following all that I ran into a few issues that I’d like to share:

1) The RX580 Sapphire Pulse has a tiny switch for firmware modes. Set it to „compute“, not „gaming“. In gaming mode it will force the MoBo to automatically switch CSM Support back on. Took me a day to get this right.

2) A newly formatted HD (NVMe in my case) with only one partition helps. In the Bios of this MoBo you find an entry where the boot order can be overruled and there is no way to adjust it. So clover from an Intel based Hackintosh w/ clover / mojave on it always took over. At least as the bootloader… Don't really know why...

3) GenSMBIOS didn’t work because Macserial went into MacInfoPkg and the Macserial URL was dead. That gave me a real headache. In the end I took the serial & co from another Hackintosh ( that emulated an iMac17,1) brought to life w/ Clover and Clover Configurator. I couldn’t really get my head around how that other stuff should work nor find a proper description that someone without a developer’s background could understand. :(

I could not test everything yet because I now have to switch back to my working rig to get some stuff done.
That brings me to the background: 6 years ago my non-Intel G5 died and Apple stopped making computers for guys like me at that time. So I went the Hackintosh route. My ProTools HDX rig worked flawlessly since then and is getting a bit outdated now. I hoped for the MacPro that came out late 2019. But since this is way over the top for my kind of application (not only financially) I gave the AMD-OSX route a try.

So here’s the good news for all those ProTools users out there: It seems to work quite well. A first stress test of 90 tracks with native D-Verbs on the first 7 insert slots was cycling for 15min without a hickup. As I stated above I will get back to this topic once I made the transition in a few weeks.
Fona liked this

Advertising

et71 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:29 pm So here’s the good news for all those ProTools users out there: It seems to work quite well. A first stress test of 90 tracks with native D-Verbs on the first 7 insert slots was cycling for 15min without a hickup. As I stated above I will get back to this topic once I made the transition in a few weeks.
Being one of those ProTools users and interested in building my own Hackintosh for that purpose, I am very much looking forward to some more details about your system, protools setup and test results!
Thanks for sharing the good news ;)
enra enra wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:32 am I managed to fix the BT adding RehabMan BRCM kexts.

Will post the full procedure separately in case someone with my same build needs help.

Thanks again for sharing the EFI.
Are you running OC 0.5.6 with the BRCM kext? in OC 5.5 it works and it doesn't work in OC 5.6... very confusing.

Regards.
Drive is locked

Yeah the whole drive is formatted. Post Merged […]

If you don't need Wifi yet at least the Intel Blue[…]

Well thank you :thumbup: As soon as I buy the p[…]

Asus Mainboard

I can't say anything for the software you intent t[…]