Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
Hi!

I'm trying to install Catalina but I can't get ethernet connection, so I'm trying the wi-fi solution. I have an USB TP-Link TL-WN823N adapter and I used some kext which shaneee attached on a similar topic problem and no results. I tried the HoRNDIS kext and no results too. Someone could help me?

My hardware:

MOBO Asus M5a78l-m Lx
AMD FX-6100
8GB RAM
NVidia GTX 650
Post Merged
Update:

I managed to get an Ethernet connection but either realtek 8111 and 8100 kexts doesn't worked, so basically I can't connect to internet at all
Post Merged
Catalina's no network issue is kind of common. I read another topic about an Ryzen user with same problem, so I tried to solve my problem with their solutions but no results, even tried to install Mojave but it panics when loading clover.

Anyway, I'm giving up for now and I'll appreciate anyone who can help because I'm still interested in trying the Hackintosh at my machine.

Thanks for the help

Advertising

I’ve had that issue and it can be solved by downgrading Clover or editing your Ethernet Kext’s .plist file. There should be value of something like “Ethernet-Root” in the end of the file. Change that to just “Root”
Use chris1111 usb wifi adapter.pkg to isntall usb wifi. I used version 9 which came in the Olarila image
Doesha wrote:Use chris1111 usb wifi adapter.pkg to isntall usb wifi. I used version 9 which came in the Olarila image
How do you install the pkg tho? How do u install it in the installation screen
MrG wrote:
Doesha wrote:Use chris1111 usb wifi adapter.pkg to isntall usb wifi. I used version 9 which came in the Olarila image
How do you install the pkg tho? How do u install it in the installation screen
You cannot install it in installation screen. You should be able to install Catalina without internet. After you get to the initial setup screen where you create an account and password and get to the desktop, try using this to install Wifi adapters.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Someone else on this forum had posted similar succ[…]

Agree...so far everything seems to be working fine[…]

Hello, thanks for your reply! I am afraid the USB […]

@fozteh , included EFI and latest updates