Managed to get a successful install this week after some hassle with OC and the installer. Visual artifacts everywhere and all. However I had a 10.14.5 installation I upgraded to 10.15.1. That installation had Clover (boooo) on it so I went and deleted that **** and put OC EFI folder on the partition once upgrade was done. Everything EXCEPT sleep works.
My previous 10.14.5 success post is here for ref: viewtopic.php?t=8899
I followed exclusively official OC docs: https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/openc ... top-guide/
And of course I used our official AMD OS X guide for more info: https://vanilla.amd-osx.com
I did get stuck on the .dsl/.aml file part of the OC docs and that's because the docs aren't that clear there. Basically, .dsl files are source code and you want COMPILED source code so that would be .aml files. Just read that section slowly and take your time with the docs. They're not hard, actually most of the info should be irrelevant to you, they're just dense with info and you might lose track.
* Followed the OC docs with ONE crucial exception: Disabled above 4g decoding/memory. I could not boot with it enabled for some reason.
YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING ELSE. NO YOUTUBE VIDEOS. NO WEIRD DISTRO GUIDES.
* Native Audio
* USB 2.0 and USB 3.1
* NVMe (both slots)
* Mic (Blue Snowball)
* Headphones (front and back panel)
* 1x HDMI and 1x DP monitors
What does not work
* Dynamic wallpapers (they have weird red stripes)
* Sleep (sleep is weird. my peripherals go out when I click "Sleep" button on Apple icon but CPU, GPU and fans are on. I tried replugging the keyboard and mouse and they just didn't light up. I had this one case where the computer went to sleep on its own and it woke up fine on mouse click. I might've literally dreamed this bc I was tired. I will do more testing with this and update the post.)
* SMCProcessor (not required, might not actually do anything)
* SMCSuperIO (not required, might not actually do anything either)
* AppleALC, layout 7
* WhateverGreen (crucial, DP aka my other monitor does not work without it. I know some don't need this anymore since Navi native support)
* For some reason I did not need to apply the USB fix this time: https://amd-osx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4986
No Whatevergreen (these are just for testing. only the HDMI monitor worked):
Geekbench 4 (old):
MOBO: Gigabyte X570 AORUS Pro Wifi
MOBO AUDIO: ALC1220-VB
MOBO LAN: Intel i211
MOBO WIFI: Broadcom BCM94360 (Fenvi FV-T919)
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT - (2x16GB)
GPU: AMD RX 5700 XT (pure AMD no aftermarket vendor)