Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: alessiman
My Ryzen Hackintosh is running very well with no crashed and i have pretty much everything working perfectly except.... Photoshop and Lightroom as part of the creative cloud photographers suite

I have installed Adobe CC 2018 and applied the Crash Fix

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CC 2018 [ Crash Fix ]

sudo rm -rf /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2018.app/Contents/Required/Plug-ins/Extensions/FastCore.plugin /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2018.app/Contents/Required/Plug-ins/Extensions/MMXCore.plugin

Manual inspection of the Photoshop\ CC\ 2018.app/Contents/Required/Plug-ins/Extensions/ folder shows that FastCore and MMXCore have both been deleted

Both Photoshop and Lightroom still crash on opening. Lightroom wont even get to the splash screen. Photoshop will load but as soon as you try to open a file it will crash

I am at a total loss to what i can try next too fix this issue. Ironically the main reason for building this Hackintosh is due to my photography work :D

What else do you think could be causing the crash?
Post Merged
Update: Adobe provided an update for me overnight so i let that run then manually deleted the two files in extensions

Photoshop CC runs now (yipee!) but Lightroom is still cactus. It will briefly load the splash screen then close

Advertising

by: alessiman
WillETC wrote:Does the crash only happen when you're working with jpegs? I found downgrading Camera Raw helps - details here: viewtopic.php?f=23&p=37813&t=3097&sid=b ... cb37a642b3
Yes that ended up being the case. Was so close to going back to a Kabylake solution!
by: aurelian g
anyone could help us with this issue ? I see many could use some help with this... I love the threadripper hackintosh , is a dream... but i've built it for lightroom and it dose not work to the latest version. Without it is very slow on export.
by: hellsink5
I have removed several files as suggested on adobe cc 2018 but after i open the program, it seems that all of the plug in is not working, and disabled opening the safe mode of illustrator,

Any one could refer me to different fix ?
by: yamilmanzur
I have been able to solve the error in Photoshop, but in Bridge CC what would be the method?
by: mad24ind
Having the same issue. Built this hackintosh specifically for Adobe photoshop and Lightroom. But they both crash. Photoshop crash when trying to open a file and lightroom from the spash screen it self.

It's a simple fix. Open your network kext and edit[…]

Hi gm0rk, I have the same mainboard as you, an AS[…]

Use this modified RTL8111 for LAN, https://www.d[…]

alright i'll do that thanks Post Merged hello […]