Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

On Windows 10 build 1903 running the script did nothing, command would simply open then close again.

I debugged the script and each part of it seemed to worked separately.

Manually installed latest Python 3.7 for Windows, still didn't work.

Tried isolating just the part of the script that launches gibMacOS, ran it, nothing again.

Then I tried to run Python from command and I noticed it did nothing despite Python being installed and added to the Windows PATH command variable.

The fix is very simple but you'd probably never discover it, you have to install the UWP version of Python from the Windows Store. Installing the Win32 version from Python.com does not work on build 1903. You can have both installed simultaneously no problem.

After installing the store version the original script still fired an error so I copied gibMacOS.command and the Scripts folder into another folder and wrote myself a simply script
Code: Select all
@Echo off
REM Running gibMacOS
python "gibMacOS.command"
goto :end

:end
exit

which I saved in the new folder and called Run.bat

and eh voila, run Run.bat and it works.

Hope this helps someone.

BTW I haven't got as far as Install.py yet, I hope it just works OOTB but I guess I will see in around 30 minutes
Monty007 liked this

Advertising

Hello, are you using a 64 bit version of Windows 10 1903 ?? GibMacOS worked perfectly for me without issues, it install Python by itself without error, make sure you are running the script with admin rights
Had the same issue. After installing the store version however, it kept opening the store app everytime the 'python' command was executed.
All that needed to be done then was to remove 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\' from PATH var. This is where Windows added links to common UWP apps like iTunes and Python.
Read more: https://superuser.com/questions/1437590 ... osoft-stor

I believe an alternative is to select which one Python you want to run in Windows settings > Manage app execution aliases
dungeonseeker_1uk wrote:On Windows 10 build 1903 running the script did nothing, command would simply open then close again.

I debugged the script and each part of it seemed to worked separately.

Manually installed latest Python 3.7 for Windows, still didn't work.

Tried isolating just the part of the script that launches gibMacOS, ran it, nothing again.

Then I tried to run Python from command and I noticed it did nothing despite Python being installed and added to the Windows PATH command variable.

The fix is very simple but you'd probably never discover it, you have to install the UWP version of Python from the Windows Store. Installing the Win32 version from Python.com does not work on build 1903. You can have both installed simultaneously no problem.

After installing the store version the original script still fired an error so I copied gibMacOS.command and the Scripts folder into another folder and wrote myself a simply script
Code: Select all
@Echo off
REM Running gibMacOS
python "gibMacOS.command"
goto :end

:end
exit

which I saved in the new folder and called Run.bat

and eh voila, run Run.bat and it works.

Hope this helps someone.

BTW I haven't got as far as Install.py yet, I hope it just works OOTB but I guess I will see in around 30 minutes
so I created the same Run.bat file using your directions and it finally worked and downloaded the MacOS. Now I can't get the MakeInstall work - do you have a similar script workaround to create the USB?

You'll get it recognised with full resolution bu[…]

Hi, i'm Julien from France and i'm a newcomer on r[…]

Got to the install screen where disk utility and i[…]

Hey, looking forward to seeing this link to the mo[…]