Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Ok cool, and do I have to add the kext folder that you provided to extensions ( can I just copy and paste those kexts into extensions?) and then the typical whatevergreen, lilu, etc into the "other" folder? then I replace the config.plist correct?
Post Merged
@Shaneee, Ok not sure if my last post went through. 1. I am having a tough time finding a full 10.14.6 installer... 2 can I do the steps you said with just regular 10.14.1 and then update from there? 2. Do I need the same kexts folder you provide for the Legacy build? I just add those kexts into the extensions folder? then I add the usual whatevergreen, lilu, etc into the other folder on the efi partition? then i swap the config.plist and it should be fine right?
Thanks for helping out. Total noob status rn
Post Merged
@Shaneee, Ok last question... Should I use an ethernet kext and which one?
Post Merged
Ok, so I built from the guide you sent me. I did it all on windows, and everything went really smooth with gibmacos and the make installer. I got through the whole guide and plugged it into my and build. It showed up in clover and acted like it was going to boot but then it got stuck right here as in the photo.
So out of curiosity and saying to myself maybe I made a small error or something cause I’ve never seen it get stuck here. If I see this it has always booted in my personal experience.
So I made a second one and it did the same thing. Then I opened it on my MacBook. I went into the clover folder and into the kexts. And even though I had added all the kexts on the pc they didn’t show up (I did wonder if on the pc since they were folders if I was actually doing something wrong). So I went ahead and added the kexts on my own.
Those were:
VirtualSMC.kext
NullCPUPowereManagemebt.kext
Whatevergreen.kext
Lily.kext
AppleALC.kext
The 3 efi files remained in the drivers folder
Still it did not work. This is where I am at currently and I believe that this is very close to being successful. And I am very thankful for you getting me this far
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

Upload the EFI folder and I'll take a look.
Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext as it's not needed. Also you've got VirtualSMC.kext but not the EFI driver. If you plan on using that then you'll need VirtualSMC.efi in the Drivers folder too. That may be stopping the boot.
No need to remake it. Just add the EFI driver for VirtualSMC.
Ok So, I swapped out the Virtual SMC Kext for the FakeSMC kext cause I don't know where to get that efi from. Then I got rid of the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and it still didn't boot. Also I noticed that when I put the USB into my build when it opens in clover it comes up as "Install from MacOS Base System" and doesn't say the name of the drive (Clover) anywhere. here is the new EFI folder too
Post Merged
@Shaneee,
Post Merged
@Shaneee, Hey man sorry if I'm being a pest. I was wondering if you got a chance to look at that EFI folder. I am also making another boot loader now with the 10.14.4 version to go right along with your guide
Post Merged
Ok to update, I have now added the vitrualsmc.efi to the drivers folder and also swapped out the fakeSMC.kext for the VirtualSMC.kext. I am stuck at exactly the same place. As the screen shot of the boot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That's strange. Can you try with an older version of Clover please. Remove the old Clover folder from the EFI before using, https://sourceforge.net/projects/clover ... p/download
Shaneee wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 pm
That's strange. Can you try with an older version of Clover please. Remove the old Clover folder from the EFI before using, https://sourceforge.net/projects/clover ... p/download
Should I use the same settings on the instal as in the legacy guide I was using before? Just so I know I did it right the first time
Post Merged
@Shaneee, It didn't work
Post Merged
@Shaneee, does it matter that I have a firewire card in a PCI slot?
Post Merged
@Shaneee, Im onto something... I just opened the USB installer in disk utility to try the creativeinstallmedia again andddd... its only 12mb and says that the rest of the 16 gigs is free... so there is no install mac os on the drive???
Seems like it's not the full installer and rather the online installer. Should still work though. Are you downloading the OS from the App Store?

The 9, 10 and 20 series cards are not supported […]

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 6.28.48 PM.png Specs:[…]

nvidia gpu laggy

I use this driver on my GTX 1070: https://images.n[…]

Install the nvidia web driver for 10.13.6 here: ht[…]