Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: 7mech
@arn0, The SmallTree kext needs to be patched for i211. I've added it to my initial post, hope it works for you!
Post Merged
@ashand, How would I check this? There's nothing in system report about PCI 3 or 4, is there an app that would tell me?

Advertising

by: arn0
@7mech got it working. Thank you for the patched smalltree kext. I still don't know what it was that was causing the libboringssl loading to fail but I chose from the public channel images instead this time. In addition I selected 10.14.5 instead of 10.14.4 and used your smalltree kext. Followed the guide letter by letter after that.

My kexts are:

AppleALC
HibernationFixup
Lilu
VirtualSMC
SmallTreeIntel82576
WhateverGreen
NullCPUPowerManagement

Currently the issues I have are:
1. Low res with the GPU I have. Maybe because its a piece of **** GPU I picked just to play around with at first.
2. Clover boot time keyboard and mouse input is slow and seems to freeze clover until I stop and wait and then it works if I just press enter and boot.
3. Clover configurator doesn't let me configure the config.plist on macos disk. Permission issues. Those files however are 777. (Edit: Nvm I was being an idiot here)
4. Fans are being weird. They pump up for 1 sec and then slow down for like 3 sec. Repeat. CPU fan seems ok. I haven't tested it in heavy load.
5. No sound.
by: kundica
7mech wrote:Hello Guys,

I got OSX working on the new Ryzen 3700x and chipset x570 thanks to this great site, I followed the Vanilla guide here: https://vanilla.amd-osx.com

Except I created the usb drive in OSX and used VirtualSMC.kext instead of FakeSMC.kext, FakeSMC kept causing kernel panics.

During the setup I skipped the network step because attempting to do it caused a kernel panic, this was probably because I was missing the lan adapter driver.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Aorus Elite x570
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Graphics: Radeon RX 480

Working:
- Ethernet: Had to use SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
- USB 3.0 Ports

Not Working:
- USB 2.0 Ports: Looks like there's patches that need to be applied to get this working, haven't tried anything yet, I got the base vanilla config right now
- Audio: same as above

Hopefully I can get the rest working, will update the post if I do.

Edit:
Geekbench Score: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13816192

Single-Core: 5655 Multi-Core: 36391

Edit: Added Lan Adapter Kext
Did you need to do anything special for your GPU? After swapping my 2700x for a 3900x my Radeon VII no longer has acceleration and isn't recognized as an OpenCL device to run any benchmarks.
by: ekwipt
ashand wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:57 pm is your system shows PCIe 4.0 support or still under version 3.0?
Can you share a snap shot of your system PCI?
I want to know if OS X Mojave supporting pcie 4.0 hence the new Mac Pro is still with pcie 3.0...
It will be interesting if it does support PCIe 4 Gen, I’m not even sure if the OS has to support it? The new Mac Pro is definitely PCIe 3 Gen. intel doesn’t have any 4gen support
This is great news, I'm getting ready to move from a 8700K to a 3700x with the same board. How's stability been? Also have you tested any of the gen 4 nvme drives yet?
by: sffjawsh
arn0 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 am @7mech got it working. Thank you for the patched smalltree kext. I still don't know what it was that was causing the libboringssl loading to fail but I chose from the public channel images instead this time. In addition I selected 10.14.5 instead of 10.14.4 and used your smalltree kext. Followed the guide letter by letter after that.

My kexts are:

AppleALC
HibernationFixup
Lilu
VirtualSMC
SmallTreeIntel82576
WhateverGreen
NullCPUPowerManagement

Currently the issues I have are:
1. Low res with the GPU I have. Maybe because its a piece of **** GPU I picked just to play around with at first.
2. Clover boot time keyboard and mouse input is slow and seems to freeze clover until I stop and wait and then it works if I just press enter and boot.
3. Clover configurator doesn't let me configure the config.plist on macos disk. Permission issues. Those files however are 777. (Edit: Nvm I was being an idiot here)
4. Fans are being weird. They pump up for 1 sec and then slow down for like 3 sec. Repeat. CPU fan seems ok. I haven't tested it in heavy load.
5. No sound.
Does VirtualSMC get the CPU Temp for you? I get kernel panics with FakeSMC, so switched to VirtualSMC and it doesn't detect CPU temps.
by: Shaneee
VirtualSMC doesn’t support AMD CPU temp monitoring.
by: 7mech
@kundica, didn't do anything special, it just worked. I'm not doing any graphics injection or even using whatevergreen.

@technicavivunt, I haven't tested any of the gen4 nvme drives. Stability wise it has been great, no crashes what so ever. I've been playing league of legends for a while with no issues.

I just need to get USB2 working.
by: sffjawsh
7mech wrote:@kundica, didn't do anything special, it just worked. I'm not doing any graphics injection or even using whatevergreen.

@technicavivunt, I haven't tested any of the gen4 nvme drives. Stability wise it has been great, no crashes what so ever. I've been playing league of legends for a while with no issues.

I just need to get USB2 working.
@7mech Following viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4986&p=42056 worked for me as far as enabling USB2 is concerned. I'm on a B450 MB though so not sure if it matters.

Do let me know if you get Audio working though. I've had to fall back to VodooHDA to get Audio. Haven't gotten AppleALC to work yet.

But, wich version of Catalina worked with you?[…]

I have a very similar configuration. I keep gettin[…]

Hello today I decided to update my system after a […]

Hello... Thanks for sharing your experince. Please[…]