A community focused on the development and support for AMD CPUs on OS X.Read more
Did you need to do anything special for your GPU? After swapping my 2700x for a 3900x my Radeon VII no longer has acceleration and isn't recognized as an OpenCL device to run any benchmarks.7mech wrote:Hello Guys,
I got OSX working on the new Ryzen 3700x and chipset x570 thanks to this great site, I followed the Vanilla guide here: https://vanilla.amd-osx.com
Except I created the usb drive in OSX and used VirtualSMC.kext instead of FakeSMC.kext, FakeSMC kept causing kernel panics.
During the setup I skipped the network step because attempting to do it caused a kernel panic, this was probably because I was missing the lan adapter driver.
Here are my specs:
Motherboard: Aorus Elite x570
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Graphics: Radeon RX 480
- Ethernet: Had to use SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
- USB 3.0 Ports
- USB 2.0 Ports: Looks like there's patches that need to be applied to get this working, haven't tried anything yet, I got the base vanilla config right now
- Audio: same as above
Hopefully I can get the rest working, will update the post if I do.
Geekbench Score: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13816192
Single-Core: 5655 Multi-Core: 36391
Edit: Added Lan Adapter Kext
It will be interesting if it does support PCIe 4 Gen, I’m not even sure if the OS has to support it? The new Mac Pro is definitely PCIe 3 Gen. intel doesn’t have any 4gen support
Does VirtualSMC get the CPU Temp for you? I get kernel panics with FakeSMC, so switched to VirtualSMC and it doesn't detect CPU temps.arn0 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 am@7mech got it working. Thank you for the patched smalltree kext. I still don't know what it was that was causing the libboringssl loading to fail but I chose from the public channel images instead this time. In addition I selected 10.14.5 instead of 10.14.4 and used your smalltree kext. Followed the guide letter by letter after that.
My kexts are:
Currently the issues I have are:
1. Low res with the GPU I have. Maybe because its a piece of **** GPU I picked just to play around with at first.
2. Clover boot time keyboard and mouse input is slow and seems to freeze clover until I stop and wait and then it works if I just press enter and boot.
3. Clover configurator doesn't let me configure the config.plist on macos disk. Permission issues. Those files however are 777. (Edit: Nvm I was being an idiot here)
4. Fans are being weird. They pump up for 1 sec and then slow down for like 3 sec. Repeat. CPU fan seems ok. I haven't tested it in heavy load.
5. No sound.
@7mech Following viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4986&p=42056 worked for me as far as enabling USB2 is concerned. I'm on a B450 MB though so not sure if it matters.7mech wrote:@kundica, didn't do anything special, it just worked. I'm not doing any graphics injection or even using whatevergreen.
@technicavivunt, I haven't tested any of the gen4 nvme drives. Stability wise it has been great, no crashes what so ever. I've been playing league of legends for a while with no issues.
I just need to get USB2 working.
Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x Motherboard: Asus […]
Hi this is my first time ever hackintoshing so I'm[…]
Thanks a lot! Shanee :clap: :thumbup: I will do […]
Bro, I have the same config that you. But my video[…]