• About AMD OS X

• Important News and Announcements are found here.

Please remember to read and follow the rules here.

Please Donate if you've found the website useful. Thanks.

Important News and Announcements are found here.
 #5  by Shaneee
 Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:36 pm
The AMD OS X scene has grown significantly in the last few years. There is now full x86_64 support from 10.6 Snow Leopard all the way to 10.13 High Sierra.

Of course this couldn't be possible without the dedicated developers behind the kernel development. You have to thank the Voodoo Team, quoopz, Nawcom, AnV, Bronya, Sinetek and others, without them it wouldn't have been possible.

The majority of AMD development and testing is carried out at InsanelyMac now. Here you will find new kernels to try, Tutorials, Workarounds and a dedicated support team.

Personally I've been using an AMD Hackintosh since 2010. It started I'll admit with iATKOS S3 V2 and the nawcom ModCD. After using it for a while I updated it to 10.6.8 and it crashed with no hint of recovering it. At this point I bought a Snow Leopard Retail disc and reinstalled again with the ModCD. This time the update went alot smoother allowing me to use it as a daily OS. Since then I've had every major release installed and use OS X as my main OS only using Windows when required.

:thumbup:

Advertising