Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hey,

I'm trying to install Steam client on osx 10.14.4 and it wont install, just comes up with Illegal instruction 4 and then closes.
I've installed Microsft Office, Skype, Acronis, Origin and so on with no issues

I did notice in Origin it said for one of my games that the OS wasnt 64bit, not sure if that is a hint on whats going on?
I was under the impression that 10.14.4 had to be 64bit only?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
James

Advertising

Ah yes so the clover patches method stops OPEM 32bit compatabilty and the steam installer is 32bit, but steam its self is 64bit.
I guess you could copy a preinstalled steam folder from another "Mac" and run it, but then i assume any 32bit games wouldn't run either.
The only other method i could get working was using Shanee's 10.14.1 kernel without the patches in clover, everything works fine then. :roll:
Maybe Shanee will make another kernel? Or is everything going to be Clover patches now? Seeming that 10.15 will be 64bit only, i guess Clover patches is the way to go.
@Joe FupaLord, @conromia, on this link you will find a version of steam that will install and run fine on the native patches.

To install it requires you to disable gatekeeper.
IOIIIO wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:55 pm
@Joe FupaLord, @conromia, on this link you will find a version of steam that will install and run fine on the native patches.

To install it requires you to disable gatekeeper.
This worked. Your a legend

Hi everyone ! First sorry if my English is bad, […]

Fortunately for me I do not use Docker for the mom[…]

Just tried the boot args but it just hangs on the […]

I had the same issue. Vega 64 card, Ryzen 1700x, […]