Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Shaneee
Pre-Requisites You'll also need the Mojave 10.14.1 Installer Application from here,
Code: Select all
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JBpvwJqGQBreASe7avojmiYpeDDTyB64

Please PM me with mirrors made from this link.

Once you've downloaded the install Application extract the archive using 7-Zip and copy the SharedSupport folder to your Desktop as that's all you'll need.
Install macOS Mojave.app\Contents\SharedSupport

Now you need to format the USB using BDUtility and install the latest Clover Version.
Run BDUtility and go to Options > Configuration and click on Check It to update the Clover version. Click OK.

Now with the USB highlighted click on Format then Ok.

Now extract 4.hfs from \SharedSupport\BaseSystem.dmg with BDUtility.

Now you can restore 4.hfs to the USB. In BDUtility expand the USB by clicking on the + icon to show the partitions. You should see something like this,

Click on the Part2 partition and click Restore. Now select the extracted 4.hfs file and let it restore to USB.

Once completed open Paragon Hard Disk Manager.
From here locate the USB drive,

Click on Resize Partition as seen above and extend it to fill the free space. In my case it's 55.77

Click OK then Apply in the top left of the main Window.
Once done you can close the Hard Disk Manager and open up TransMac. Right click on TransMac and Run as Adminstrator.

Once open click on Tools > Settings and open then Disk Drives tab and change the settings to match the image below,

Now locate the USB drive in the TransMac sidebar and navigate to OS X Base System/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents.
Now in TransMac right click on a blank space in the Contents folder and select "Copy Here" then locate the SharedSupport folder and select Copy.

Once that's done you need to configure Clover and copy some AMD files.

Using Windows Explorer navigate to the CLOVER partition of the USB and go to EFI > CLOVER. Copy the contents of the attached CLOVER.zip at the bottom of this post to that folder replacing what's already there.

Now download the AMD.zip file attached at the bottom and using TransMac place the prelinkedkernel.amd file into the USB at this locations,
OS X Base System/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels
Now rename prelinkedkernel.amd to prelinkedkernel and copy it to the same folder.

You can now boot the USB to the installer. Once booted open Disk Utility, once open click the dropdown on the top left and change to show all Devices.
Now format the drive you wish to install Mojave to and name it macOS.
Once formatted quit Disk Utility and run the installer installing to the macOS drive.

Once it's done it'll automatically reboot. From here you want to boot to the Install USB once again and this time open Terminal from the Utilities menu at the top then enter these commands,
cp -r /Volumes/"OS X Base System"/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel.amd /Volumes/macOS/macOS\ Install\ Data/Locked\ Files/Boot\ Files/
cp -r /Volumes/"OS X Base System"/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel /Volumes/macOS/macOS\ Install\ Data/Locked\ Files/Boot\ Files/
sed -i '' "s/auth-//g" /Volumes/macOS/macOS\ Install\ Data/Locked\ Files/Boot\ Files/com.apple.Boot.plist
Now reboot and when you get to Clover this time boot to the volume titled "Install macOS from macOS".

This will now install macOS from the installed drive. Once finished it'll automatically reboot. When it does boot to the USB installer for the last time and run this command in Terminal,
cp -r /Volumes/"OS X Base System"/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/
cp -r /Volumes/"OS X Base System"/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel.amd /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/
You can now reboot and boot the macOS drive and be welcomed by macOS Mojave.

If you experience a reboot after accepting the Licence agreement on first boot please follow this,
XLNC wrote:
/ sbin / fsck -fy
/ sbin / mount -uw /
Then create this file to skip the apple setup screen:
touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
Now create a temporary user account "Temp User" with password "password" and home directory "temp"
launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.opendirectoryd.plist

dscl . -create /Users/temp
dscl . -create /Users/temp UserShell /bin/bash
dscl . -create /Users/temp RealName "Temp User" 
dscl . -create /Users/temp UniqueID "510"
dscl . -create /Users/temp PrimaryGroupID 20
dscl . -create /Users/temp NFSHomeDirectory /Users/temp
dscl . -passwd /Users/temp password
dscl . -append /Groups/admin GroupMembership temp
dseditgroup -o edit -a temp -t user admin
Now reboot :
shutdown -r +0
So macos will now directly take you to the login screen . where it will ask you to enter password .
type password and hit enter to login.
you will reach Data & Privacy screen again so click next to proceed ( dont worry, it wont reboot now ) and so after few clicks you will reach Desktop .

Now go to System Prefrences -> User & Groups and create a Administrator account of your choice with your real User name
After that logout from this Temp User account and login into your own admin account
Finally delete this Temp User account by going into System Prefrences -> User & Groups.

Clover.zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ak4if15vgibn ... R.zip?dl=0

AMD.zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vwl41o2zqk99lq/AMD.zip?dl=0

Credits:
fusion71au @ InsanelyMac for the original tutorial concept.
Scooby-Chan for testing.
XLNC also for testing.
Last edited by dhinakg on Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Label the downloads
justinjohn0306, myrsikus, Taxuewuhen and 9 others liked this

Advertising

by: HackxBox
Thank you for this guide, Shaneee! It looks a lot simpler than the previous ones.

I am trying it now, but I hit a snag on the Disk Utility part - I have split my Samsung 970 Evo with Windows and MacOS partitions and I have been previously somewhat successful with installing High sierra on the MacOS partition. However now I get "You may not install this volume because the computer is missing a firmware partition". I've deleted and recreated it and erased it several times, both in APFS and HFS Journaled with no luck.

The system is Dell Inspiron 27" with Ryzen 7 1700; B350; 16GB RAM; RX580 8GB, only the drive is swapped with the Samsung, as the original was not recognised at all by MacOS installer. I know such systems are limited in terms of BIOS customisation but I have previously attempted install of both HighSierraV2 and V3BETA , as well as following the guide by Hackintosher, and albeit I had issues they were definitely not with the partitions, as the initial MacOS setup of all 3 installs went without problems, on the same partition setup.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
abheedevta liked this
by: zorlax
Hello. Thanks for the guide. I encounter a problem where when I am in Mac os and I hit a key, it types it 10+ times. I'm not able to do the commands near the end because of this. Please help.
Thanks a lot for this guide :thumbup: ! One more question which I really concern. I am using 10.13.6. I am looking forward to at least 10.14.2, because of the original shuangpin typing method updated. Will we get a update (from 10.14.1 to higher) which is similar to the update from 10.13.2/3 to 10.13.6. I don't want to do the long time installation from USB twice. Thank you.
by: Ilham Nur
does mojave fix the r2200g igpu so we can use igp as main gpu
If you have USB issues try adding GenericUSBXHCI to the Clover > Kexts > Other folder.

Only 10.14.1 is supported with the current kernel.

No AMD iGPU is supported and most likely wont ever be.
SergeyL wrote:Thanks for tutorial
But question, does Mohave kernel support FX cpu? Just installed high Sierra on my pc with fx-6300 and hd6670, should I move to Mojave?
Yes FX is supported. USB may be an issues but it certainly runs. A few members on Discord have it running.
by: Bensmith
Hi Shaneee,

Thanks for this mate.

Quick question. Currently entering the following terminal commands but they come back with directory doesn't exist (yes I did copy the files over).

Perhaps I am entering the codes wrong... There is only 2 requests right?

1. cp -r /Volumes/"OS X Base System"/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel.amd /Volumes/macOS/macOS\ Install\ Data/Locked\ Files/Boot\ Files/

2. sed -i '' 's/auth-//g' /Volumes/macOS/macOS\ Install\ Data/Locked\ Files/Boot\ Files/com.apple.Boot.plist

Thanks in advance!

The guide worked perfectly for me. Thanks. Specs[…]

try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9I-OINW[…]

https://fitose.com/keto-fuel/

In these days of supersizing, buffets, and large d[…]

I have same cpu, any tips appreciated. Firm inte[…]