I have succesfully installed High Sierra on my Ryzen machine (Ryzen 7 2700x, Gigabyte Aorus x470 and AMD 7850 graphics card), but I have SSD disk and during installation it was coverted to APFS filesystem, so I can boot only with USB. Please help, because video is not available, what to do, where to copy apfs.efi .
I have also question about what to do with boot0 error when I have APFS drive - I guess that I should dd of boot1h to EFI - disk0s1?
Guid partition scheme
EFI EFI disk0s1
APFS container disk1
APFS volume preboot disk1s2
APFS volume recovery disk1s3
APFS volume VM disk1s4
I have tried to install High Sierra AMD again on my SSD, I was succesfull to do it without APFS conversion:
1) boot from USB HighSierraAMD V3 UNNOFICIAL , partition disk as HFS Journaled - name it for example AmdOSX, Install OSX, reboot
2) boot from USB again, enter terminal, ls -la /Volumes, You can see AmdOSX, so cd /Volumes/AmdOSX, cd "macOS Install Data"
edit file minstallconfig.xml , so:
look for :
change it to:
save it with
now continue with cd /Volumes/HighSierraAMD/
enter name of your disk: AmdOSX
and continue , reboot
3) now boot from AmdOSX, after installation reboot
4) boot from HighSierraAMD USB again, open terminal :
Now You have SSD without APFS, I can see EFI partition, but the disk won't boot, only with help of USB, I'm getting this error:
Reboot and select proper boot device ...
I tried to dd boot1h file on EFI partition, without success, I have tried to install Clover - install failed, I can not mount EFI partition with Clover Configurator - only with EFI Mount V3, I think that EFI partition is damaged, I will try to repair it.
Finally I GOT IT WORKING!!!
I have read many forums, I have tried many things, absolutely nothing helped, just THIS:
- insert two USB keys into computer, one with HighSierraAMD V3 and another (HighSierraAMD with Enoch bootloader in my case)
- boot from second one
- open terminal
- diskutil list - lists disks, we have three Volumes, OSXDISK is for example disk0, that one with broken boot, disk1 is HighSierraAMD and disk2 is second USB we have booted from
- diskutil unmount /Volumes/HighSierraAMD , diskutil unmount /Volumes/OSXDISK
- now we are going to copy whole EFI partition from HighSierraAMD V3 to that broken one: dd if=/dev/disk1s1 of=/dev/disk0s1
- after some time, when it is done, reboot, now enter the bios and select disk with repaired boot to boot from