Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

on opencore configurator, go to nvram tab and you will see where the boot flag goes. adding the flag for your layout id would probably fix audio problem since the config.plist attatched on this post doesnt match your setting.

Advertising

Shaneee wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:55 am It's not really a good idea to use someone else's EFI but... If you used layout 3 in Clover. In the config you'll need to navigate to NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 and change alcid=x to alcid=3
What is layout 3 in Clover?
iamso78 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:48 am Sorry I dont have a fix for a fresh 10.15.1 Opencore install, gave up trying didn't want to waste too much time beta-testing, I will wait until further community support.

But OP suggestion is to install 10.15.0 with Clover and then change to Opencore using OP's EFI b4 doing a software update to 10.15.1.
Install 10.15.0 via Clover, change to Opencore EFI based on OP's EFI (modified to according to my spec), successfully updated to 10.15.1 via software update.

Still trying to resolve 5700XT via eGPU setup, got "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 error" still by disabling Nvidia GPU via DeviceProperties>Block
hi, thank you for your sharing. I can boot up with your EFI folder, but I cannot get my ethernet working, can you guide me how to fix it?
my motherboard is Strix x470F gaming
Seyed Hossein liked this
tung_opeth wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:46 am hi, thank you for your sharing. I can boot up with your EFI folder, but I cannot get my ethernet working, can you guide me how to fix it?
my motherboard is Strix x470F gaming
You have to modified the config.plist Kernel section to inject ur kext for your ethernet to work. OP's EFI kernel are specific to his spec. You can use Xcode or BBEdit editors to edit the config.plist
iamso78 wrote:Sorry I dont have a fix for a fresh 10.15.1 Opencore install, gave up trying didn't want to waste too much time beta-testing, I will wait until further community support.

But OP suggestion is to install 10.15.0 with Clover and then change to Opencore using OP's EFI b4 doing a software update to 10.15.1.
I have a TUF B450, but i think it is similar situation.

What i did was i add a new item in "kext" section in config.plist, and add voodoohda.kext to /EFI/EFI/OC/Kexts/.
First of all, I want to thank you guys (and perhaps girls too?) for having this discussion among yourself, it has been very helpful in understanding how OpenCore works. For years I have struggled with Clover, and never, with any machine I have owned, has EVERYTHING worked. There has always been something that failed catastrophically or made the whole setup unstable - no matter what I did.
Initially OpenCore wasn't any different, until I understood something which probably is very basic to you:
1) Identify the components of your setup and make sure they are described in DeviceProperties (a cut and paste operation using hackintool).
2) Find relevant, updated Kexts: copy them into the EFI / OC / KEXTS folder AND identify them in Config.plist (under Kernel / Add).

The **** literally fixes itself with minimal tweaking on your part. I NEVER had my Wifi or Bluetooth working on any Clover setup - ever. OpenCore is simply outstanding!
Egress wrote:
pi2in3 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:37 am i used OC EFI attached here and i have no Audio, i'm unfamiliar with OC , how can fix it?
RTL887 and using layout 3 in Clover

Same here. No audio, also no ethernet.

I've tried several other kexts that actually slowed the system down. Removed them and system sped up. Also, system is quite laggy. I'm not certain all cores are being used to top speed. Will look into it when I have some more time. :thumbup: :D
Post Merged
bexem wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:40 am
Shaneee wrote:Make sure Lilu and Whatevergreen are on the latest version.
I get a similar issue with both kexts at the latest version!
Same here.
Did u set the audio layout id ?
Egress liked this

I've got a very similar x570 Taichi & 3950x se[…]

This is my first build with a Ryzen and first time[…]

@iGPU , This is awesome, thanks! Your EFI confi[…]

thanks for sharing your file. I was struggling for[…]