Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Edo
Hey everyone!

Anyone successful upgrading to 10.15.4 with OC0.5.5?
Is it straightforward to do or it will mess up our installations?

Thanks in advance,
Edo :thumbup:

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Update your patches from the Github repo. One patch had to be modified in order to boot 10.15.4 Apart from that it's fine to update.
Nesham liked this
by: tikizondo94
Like Shaneee said, Just update to the latest kernel patches for opencore. This update went smooth as butter. Honestly my AMD machine updated easier and faster than my intel machines. Quite remarkable :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shaneee, Fob liked this
by: ozarkcomputerclinic
Gunna be a super newbie question... How do I update "Patches" for a Ryzen Box? Update hangs at Apple Logo when booting from install update.

EDIT: I figured it out... If you are newbie and had same question..... Download the Propertree Editor from Github Then to the 17h Patch Script from the Opencore Vanilla Desktop Guide site, select all code in the script, select copy. Then open Propertree and create a new plist and then click into body of list and hit paste. Select the PATCH tree and copy. Then open your config,plist in propertree and go to PATCH in there and select delete. Then Click on the root tree "KERNAL" and then paste clipboard contents and patch should be there, then save config.plist and reboot. (Always back up your efi before you do any modifications)

After doing this 10.15.4 updated with no issues EXCEPT my display port on my 4k monitor would only detect 1080, I fixed that by moving into another display port and then back into the one I was using.
by: nassn
I'm succeeded now :thumbup:
opencore 0.5.6 my efi folder attached down side
ryzen 2700x
aorus gaming wifi 7
other info same with image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fob liked this
by: pi2in3
@tikizondo94, where i can download AMD Power Gadget and AMD Power Tool?
by: Powerpomme
Good morning all,
I did my hack with the debug version OpenCore 0.5.6, should I update something, to go to 10.15.4?

thank you in advance.

P.S: I'm French, sorry for my language mistakes! :thumbup:
Post Merged
pi2in3 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 pm @tikizondo94, where i can download AMD Power Gadget and AMD Power Tool?
https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDP ... /README.md
Ryzen 3900x 32 bit apps

Install a high sierra, you can run 32bit on that. […]

Drive is locked

Latest Firmware already installed on the drive. W[…]

one question @Edo did the TB works?? have you trie[…]

No need to start from scratch. Make sure you updat[…]