Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

I have corrected an error in the Clover Mask patches 15_16h. Patch 14 (algrey - cpuid_set_info - jmp to calculations and set cpuid_cores_per_package - 10.15) was wrong, compared to the OpenCore patch. I'm using Clover 5098 and these patches are working.
I'm not planning to update to Opencore yet, as my Clover installation is really stable: sleep/wake working, ...

However, I cannot update to 10.15.1. I can start the update in my Catalina install. It download, starts the update, but after reboot if I choose to boot from the Installer (on the data drive), my boot hangs at '+++++++'.
I have no clue how to move along.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is this Clover related?

thanks for your help!
AntarcticPL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

Ahh well noticed thanks. 10.15.1 should work with the mask patches. Clover doesn't seem to be working as it should.
AntarcticPL wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:41 am I have corrected an error in the Clover Mask patches 15_16h. Patch 14 (algrey - cpuid_set_info - jmp to calculations and set cpuid_cores_per_package - 10.15) was wrong, compared to the OpenCore patch. I'm using Clover 5098 and these patches are working.
I'm not planning to update to Opencore yet, as my Clover installation is really stable: sleep/wake working, ...

However, I cannot update to 10.15.1. I can start the update in my Catalina install. It download, starts the update, but after reboot if I choose to boot from the Installer (on the data drive), my boot hangs at '+++++++'.
I have no clue how to move along.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is this Clover related?

thanks for your help!
AntarcticPL

I also have this problem can not be updated and I can't switch to opencore constantly showing kernel error.
I decided to give OpenCore boot loader a shot.
Started from an example from Shaneee I found on this site, I've created one for my fx8350 (so with the 15_16h patches).
I worked without too many hassles. Even my sleep/wake is working!

However I have a Gigabyte motherboard (GA-Fxa990-UD5). So I'm again having the CMOS reset issue.
AppleRTC is making my CMOS reset every time I reboot/shutdown.
In Clover (Kernel and kext patches) I could tick the AppleRTC option, which solved this issue.
No idea it it is available in OpenCore.

Shaneee, do you know?
Thanks again!
AntarcticPL liked this
Shaneee wrote:You can try with this, https://github.com/acidanthera/RTCMemor ... ELEASE.zip
Finally found the time to test with the RTCMemoryFixup kext to solve my resetting CMOS issue on my Gigabyte motherboard.
Already tested it before, but now I added the following boot-arg in OpenCore boot loader:
rtcfx_exclude=10-FF

It works! No more CMOS resets at every reboot/shutdown and my sleep/wake still works. So I'm getting up to speed with OpenCore.
However I still miss the ease of use of Clover Configurator and the graphical interface of clover. Hope to go back to Clover once these Mask patches work better.
So far, up to speed again with 10.15.1!
Thanks
Shaneee, oracle liked this
Hello AntarcticPL,

I am also now on OpenCore with 10.15.3, so far everything is working like on Clover.
Code: Select all
 Hope to go back to Clover once these Mask patches work better.
Forget it!!!!! Clover is history, nobody will continue with making CPU Patches.

Regards, Olaf Neumann

You should not need the DSDT.aml nor the SSDT-EC.d[…]

Matx board? Sleep and wake is fine?)

Speak to XLNC on the Discord. It's a non Zen issue[…]

Help booting Mojave installer

OpenCore supports all version of 10.13, 10.14 and[…]