Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Chat about almost anything as long as it is within the rules.
Hello!
I'm a graphic design student from Slovakia who's never used the OS X consistently. Maybe for a few occasional projects. Anyway, I've always liked the smoothness and the ease of use of OS X. So I've been wanting to get a device with it, either a Mac or Macbook, but of course these things aren't too budget friendly for students. So I started looking into other ways, found out about this project "Hackintosh" which caught my attention, so I did a small research and decided to start planning.
So I'm here, asking, if my platform would be able to run OS X:

Ryzen 1500x
Asus ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming
8GB (Dual Channel 2x4) 2400MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport
Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB
1x 240GB SSD Patriot Burst
2x WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm

I've heard about certain functions (audio, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.) not working after installing (even though 90% of these issues were caused by BIOS settings), stability issues after updates (even though on Windows I always read about new updates if they have any problems and decide after) and some small 1% problems.
I don't mind tinkering with stuff, I've always built and configured my systems, I just want to know if my Hackintosh would be stable for daily use (browsing, Spotify, etc.) and small projects using Adobe software or Krita.

Advertising

How to force install 10.14.1?

The Vanilla patch made updating so easy. No more r[…]

The guide worked perfectly for me. Thanks. Specs[…]

try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9I-OINW[…]

I have same cpu, any tips appreciated. Firm inte[…]