Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Chat about almost anything as long as it is within the rules.
I finally completed following the Opencore Vanilla Desktop Guide. It took many hours but I now have Catalina installed. I was following the Post-install but Clover Configurator doesn't mount my USB drive. The only way to boot into Catalina is to hit F12 then I choose my USB partition to boot from and then use picker to select my Catalina HD. It seems that if the USB is recognized as a bootable drive by the bios that Clover Configurator would recognize it as well. But even in terminal the USB drive EFI doesn't show up. When I double click on the USB drive the EFI folder is in there. I'm new to this so maybe I'm missing something obvious. Any advice?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

disk1s1 is where your USB EFI will be. gibMacOS names the boot partition BOOT and allows for Windows to access it. disk3s1 is your macOS drive EFI partition.
Thanks, Shanee for pointing out the correct disk. That makes sense now. I was trying to mount it using...

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI
then
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/EFI

then I got this-
mount_msdos: /dev/disk1s1: Resource busy
mount: /Volumes/EFI failed with 71

What am I doing wrong?
@amijode, I saw your response in the other thread. If you have only tried the commands here, then try mine again:
Code: Select all
sudo diskutil mount disk1s1
sudo diskutil mount disk3s1
Don't create any handles or directories; mount the volumes directly. It should work!

Of note is that the EFI ("BOOT") volume on the USB drive is not following Apple's standard. Not sure if that's an issue.

You should not need the DSDT.aml nor the SSDT-EC.d[…]

Matx board? Sleep and wake is fine?)

Speak to XLNC on the Discord. It's a non Zen issue[…]

Help booting Mojave installer

OpenCore supports all version of 10.13, 10.14 and[…]