Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

There was a problem performing this step
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

First of all I wanted to say thank you for the guide, however I noticed one possible oversight and wanted to make sure it was brought up. In the part where you direct users to restore basesystem.dmg (around 500mb) to the usb, they are not actually creating a full installer, as the installesd.dmg is actually where the install files are contained (although it can't be restored directly to the USB as-is)

If a user follows your guide, they will end up with a bootable recover disk which downloads the latest build of mac os from apple. This is why the installer is 10.14.1 but users are ending up with 10.14.3 or 4 after using it. This may be okay sometimes but the kernel you are providing appears to be intended for 10.14.1 so it shouldn't be recommended to run it on any higher versions outside of a testing environment.

If any users wish to create a proper 10.14.1 usb, follow the guide and restore basesystem.dmg to the usb, then navigate to your usb drive in finder and right click on "install macos mojave" and click "show package contents", then open the "contents" folder. Now copy the entire "sharedsupport" folder from the mojave installer image to this folder (Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents).

When you boot from the usb, you should disconnect your internet so that it doesn't download 10.14.4 instead. If you get an error when installing from this usb about "not being able to contact app store" or something along those lines, you can go into terminal or your bios and set the date back a few months to january or feb 2019 (earlier should work too). This way, the installer won't identify itself as being out-of-date and it will not require an internet connection to install. You can reconnect your internet after the installer reboots for the first time.
I created the installer for AMD Mojave and it boots just fine. But...when it reaches the "Language" screen is stops there waiting for input. Unfortunately, I have no Keyboard response (USB keyboard) and no Mouse response (bluetooth mouse, Logitech MS Anywhere 2, which has special connect protocol -does not need macOS driver to work and works fine with macOS Sierra). My PC specs, Mobo: Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 rev 3.0, AM3+ socket, CPU: FX-63000, RAM: 8GB, graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB,
Anyone has any idea how to bypass this problem?

EDIT 18 Apr 2019

Problem solved.
I installed RehabMan's GenericUSBxhci.kext and USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the EFI partition of the "OS X Installer" USB and the Keyboard and Mouse were back during installation
Last edited by spykor on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
i tired twice, make sure everything is correct and read all your instructions. this is what i get after i made the usb and boot from it, and then choose the first option, before i getting to the mojave install screen.

ryzen2600
Gskill 3000c15 16g
rx570
B350 itx rog strix

[Solved] i just redownload the 10.14.1 mirror imagine from shaneee's Gdrive instead of using the one i kept back in September when mojave released....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tailspin123 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camacorn wrote:If connected to the internet during the install process, it should update to 10.14.3 on its own. (This is being reported by other users, myself included). I have not tried to do a clean install, and update via System Update.
In my case I installed the OS connected to internet and didn't updated... The installation result with 10.14.1, I tried update it via software update and didn'ty work... I need to update to install Xcode... any suggestion?

Update:

I just applied the path from https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla and done...
Last edited by setterlee on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
is there a clover patch to use vanilla kernel for 10.14.1 in buldozer cpu? i want to try it but my installer is still 10.14.1 and i dont have enough internet credit to download 10.14.4 to test it with my amd apu processor.

edit:
nevermind, it turns out that my installer is corrupt anyway, so even if ther is a binary patch for 10.14.1, i wont be able to use it.
agam3669 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:20 am
Just boot from your hard disk once again to complete the installation and then, after reboot, do this steps...
Post Merged
@Camacorn, First of all, thanks for share this guide with us.. Maybe require an update for fresh installations...

In my case, I could't avoid the update to 10.14.4 in the installation process, even changing the date of the system like others mention...

My workaround was mount the EFI volume in the recovery mode booting from 'OS X Base System' and copy the EFI files and apply the Algrey Patch... because with the steps fro this guide, the OS installed show me only the wallpaper at the login screen... That was for the update to the 10.14.4 version in the installation process...
setterlee wrote:
agam3669 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:20 am
Just boot from your hard disk once again to complete the installation and then, after reboot, do this steps...
Post Merged
@Camacorn, First of all, thanks for share this guide with us.. Maybe require an update for fresh installations...

In my case, I could't avoid the update to 10.14.4 in the installation process, even changing the date of the system like others mention...

My workaround was mount the EFI volume in the recovery mode booting from 'OS X Base System' and copy the EFI files and apply the Algrey Patch... because with the steps fro this guide, the OS installed show me only the wallpaper at the login screen... That was for the update to the 10.14.4 version in the installation process...
Same happened for me. No chance to cancel the update during the installation process. Screen just shows the wallpaper, no finder, no windows, no nothing after the installation. Using updated Clover EFI did not fix the problem at all.

Kindly ask for help :)

// Nevermind, Vanilla Patches fixed it.
good day sir, i would like to ask if i can use this guide to this setup.
asrock am3+ 960gc-gs,
fx6300,
gtx 1060ti,
8gb ram,

btw how to setup this if i have old bios, not uefi.

Hi, that sounds great. You've decided to install H[…]

Hi, I'm not sure but seems to me like your install[…]

Hi, you'd better tell us how do you prepare your b[…]

Hi, did you put your new config.plist and kexts in[…]