Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
So, I have successfully installed Mojave 10.14.6. Most of what I have checked works (I have audio, LAN, graphics are fine). The problem I have is that I can't boot up the Clover menu without the USB drive. If I plug the USB drive, the menu comes up fine.
When installing the OS, the same problem ocurred. I was plugging the USB drive to a front USB 3.0 port in my case. When I changed the USB drive to a USB 2.0 port in the back everything continued normally.
So, I'm thinking that there's a problem with USB? I installed Mojave into a M.2 SSD. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 4 GB

Advertising

It's possible that there's an issue specific to USB 3.0 on your system. The bigger question, however, is whether you have actually installed Clover on your hard drive following the Mojave install. You don't mention having done that, so I need to ask. Also, when you do install Clover to your hard drive, make sure that you select the options that correspond to how your mobo is booting (Legacy BIOS or UEFI), so that the correct bootloader modules are installed to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Thank you so much for your reply. I have installed the Clover following Mojave install. I actually tried installing in UEFI mode first and then in Legacy with the same results. I downloaded an earlier version of Clover and installed it and was able to get to the Clover boot screen but when I selected the boot from my hard drive, the booting got stuck in "End Randomseed". I have read many possible problems but am feeling pretty lost to tell the truth.

I've got a very similar x570 Taichi & 3950x se[…]

This is my first build with a Ryzen and first time[…]

@iGPU , This is awesome, thanks! Your EFI confi[…]

thanks for sharing your file. I was struggling for[…]