Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
hey this was so smooth! used the Vanilla install guide. First I had hiccup that making install media to SSD just would not work, no Partition found. Then all worked well with regular USB flash drive. So easy, so fast, 6k and 54k on GB4. Patched with the scripts for Adobe CC, patched with the boot flags for JPG Quicklook fix. Solid, stable, superfast.

But..... trying to get the USB C / TB port to work. Devices connected like SSDs do work, with the TB or USB C cable. But a TB hub like the Akitio RAID station brings up error that Thunderbolt devices are not supported, and just cannot get it to work.

Any suggestions for getting the TB to work or be recognized?

Advertising

mwss wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:17 pm hey this was so smooth! used the Vanilla install guide. First I had hiccup that making install media to SSD just would not work, no Partition found. Then all worked well with regular USB flash drive. So easy, so fast, 6k and 54k on GB4. Patched with the scripts for Adobe CC, patched with the boot flags for JPG Quicklook fix. Solid, stable, superfast.

But..... trying to get the USB C / TB port to work. Devices connected like SSDs do work, with the TB or USB C cable. But a TB hub like the Akitio RAID station brings up error that Thunderbolt devices are not supported, and just cannot get it to work.

Any suggestions for getting the TB to work or be recognized?
The ASRock X570M has a single USB-C port on the rear IO panel, which is not a Thunderbolt port. The motherboard supports the ASRock Thunderbolt 3 AIC (add-in-card) R2.0. Do you already have the add-in-card installed?
Yo !
You made a mistake I think, maybe your device is not correctly recognized.

I have the same motherboard and you have a TB connector AIC
try to put this and you will have two thunderbolt 3 ports : https://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/product. ... 0#Overview

Just to know ! Do you use InDesign dude ? ;) thanks
No luck using Indesign. Can't downgrade either as I don't have older versions and the installers I find don't launch. So, stuck with using Indesign on my Macbook and Intel Hackintosh for now.

Thanks for sharing! Yeah the port works great as USB C but not TB3.... Does anyone know if the TB3 AIC works in Hackintosh, or only Windows? Before I buy and try it....
Arf... I think I will finally take affinity publisher, I’m waiting for the v2
I know that thunderbolt card works on intel config.
Try to get one on amazon and if it doesn’t work, you can get a refund :)

I've got a very similar x570 Taichi & 3950x se[…]

This is my first build with a Ryzen and first time[…]

@iGPU , This is awesome, thanks! Your EFI confi[…]

thanks for sharing your file. I was struggling for[…]