Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: ennesmp
Hi there,

first time posting here. Hi everyone!
At first I was trying to do a recovery installation but I found out that clover doesn't load kexts into the installer so I kept getting the "could not connect to recovery server" error. I then switched over the shaneee's Vanilla AMD offline installer guide at: https://kb.hackintoshisfun.ml/clover/.
I have been stuck on this issue for a while now and after lurking through every single that is even remotely related to the issue, I just can't seem to find a solution.

Obstacle 1:
When I try to boot into the installer using clover I get the following issue:
Error loading kernel cache (0x9) (See screenshot)

Things i've tried so far:
- Tried ignoring loading the kext cache using the -f bootflag but that wouldn't work either.
- -x bootflag
- Removing all hard drives/extra monitors/usb cables.
- Following the offline installer guide all over again to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.
- Tried different SMBIOS ( iMacPro1,1/iMac19,1 and iMac14,1 )

more info on my machine:
Asus b350 prime plus
Ryzen 1600
MSI RX 580 8GB
16GB DDR4 3000mhz
500gb Crucial SSD

my config.plist:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>-v npci=0x2000</string>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Kernel</key>
			<string>No</string>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<string>No</string>
			<key>Linux</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>07/24/2019</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM141.88Z.F000.B00.1907241132</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-031B6874CF7F642A</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>BoardVersion</key>
		<string>iMac14,1</string>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>iMac-Aluminum</string>
		<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		<key>ChassisType</key>
		<string>0x0D</string>
		<key>EfiVersion</key>
		<string>140.0.0.0.0</string>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>iMac</string>
		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<string>0xE00FE137</string>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<string>0xFF1FFF3F</string>
		<key>LocationInChassis</key>
		<string>Part Component</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<key>PlatformFeature</key>
		<string>0x01</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>iMac14,1</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>W89LCCZWFWJH</string>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>
Kext list:
AppleALC
VirtualSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

I downloaded Mojave 10.14.6 061-21551 through gibmacOS.

---UPDATE---
Obstacle 2:

I managed to get past the kernel cache error by enabling DeInit in the clover graphics options. However, now I am stuck at End RandomSeed +++++++

Things I tried:
- Tried changing SMBIOS from iMac14,1 to iMacPro1,1.
- Completely re-did the config.plist using the vanilla guide.
- Tried booting from every USB port possible.
---UPDATE----
Finally! I managed to install Mojave.
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 14.28.11.png
I managed to get the recovery installer to work using @overflwn his fix. ( viewtopic.php?p=51428#p51428 )
Instead of using clover 5070 or 5093, I edited MakeInstall.py to download clover 5092. After this I was able to connect to the recovery server and finish the installation.

issues in OS:
- No Audio (FIXED) - Bootflag alcid=1 and inject = 1 on the devices page Audio section in Clover configurator.
Screenshots of audio fix incase you need visual feedback:
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 15.23.12.png
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 15.18.45.png
- Can't boot without USB(FIXED) - I fixed this by manually creating a config.plist
- No other issues so far. Will update this thread when I run into them.

I'm glad I finally got this to work!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ennesmp on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertising

by: Overflwn
You're missing an Aptio Memory Fix.
Try this driver first: AptioMemoryFix.efi

If this one does not work and gets stuck at RandomSeed again, try OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi.
If that one still doesn't work try OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi

For me the AptioMemoryFix.efi worked but after I updated OSX through the Apple Store I had to switch to OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

Hope this helps :thumbup:

(also, I think I had this 0x9 error aswell and fixed it with an Aptio Memory Fix file aswell, I am not sure though)

EDIT:
This shouldn't be any different but I'll have to give you as a side note that I followed the guide on https://vanilla.amd-osx.com for High Sierra using my fixed version of MakeInstall.py (which fixed the Ethernet issue a lot of people had)
ennesmp liked this
by: ennesmp
Overflwn wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:45 pm
You're missing an Aptio Memory Fix.
Try this driver first: AptioMemoryFix.efi

If this one does not work and gets stuck at RandomSeed again, try OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi.
If that one still doesn't work try OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi

For me the AptioMemoryFix.efi worked but after I updated OSX through the Apple Store I had to switch to OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

Hope this helps :thumbup:

(also, I think I had this 0x9 error aswell and fixed it with an Aptio Memory Fix file aswell, I am not sure though)

EDIT:
This shouldn't be any different but I'll have to give you as a side note that I followed the guide on https://vanilla.amd-osx.com for High Sierra using my fixed version of MakeInstall.py (which fixed the Ethernet issue a lot of people had)
@Overflwn, Thank you! Unfortunately I still cannot boot into the installer. I'm still stuck at End RandomSeed.
I tried using AptioMemoryFix.efi and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi ( I can't find any other downloads, they seem to have merged it into opencore or something and I have no idea how to use that.)

Do you happen to have any links where I could download them and give it a try? Also, I'm not sure if I used the right folder. I placed them into D:\EFI\CLOVER\drivers\UEFI
by: Overflwn
I think the CLOVER/EFI/CLOVER/drivers folder should have a folder called "off", which has many .efi files. Which is where I got mine from. (well I followed the original guide so I don't know if yours has it)

Even if the AptioMemoryFix.efi is split between OpenCore and the other thing, you can still download it here: https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg/releases
I currently can't seem to find the OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi anywhere else though
A week later and MANY MANY attempts at fixing it later, I am still stuck at End RandomSeed.

I have searched about every single thread on this website and can't seem to find a solution. I tried different clover versions, tried doing the recovery installer instead but I get stuck at the "no network" thingy. What I find weird though, is that I can boot the network installer just fine. But, when I switch to the offline installer I get stuck at End RandomSeed.

I am quite desperate at this point, so please, all help is MORE than welcome.
Post Merged
--UPDATE--

Finally! I managed to install Mojave.
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 14.28.11.png
I managed to get the recovery installer to work using @overflwn his fix. ( viewtopic.php?p=51428#p51428 )
Instead of using clover 5070 or 5093, I edited MakeInstall.py to download clover 5092. After this I was able to connect to the recovery server and finish the installation.

issues in OS:
- No Audio (FIXED) - Bootflag alcid=1 and inject = 1 on the devices page Audio section in Clover configurator.
Screenshots of audio fix incase you need visual feedback:
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 15.18.45.png
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 15.23.12.png
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 15.18.56.png
- Can't boot without USB(FIXED) - I fixed this by manually creating a config.plist
- No other issues so far. Will update this thread when I run into them.

I'm glad I finally got this to work!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You'll get it recognised with full resolution bu[…]

Hi, i'm Julien from France and i'm a newcomer on r[…]

Got to the install screen where disk utility and i[…]

Hey, looking forward to seeing this link to the mo[…]