Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
Quick question, how do you guys put the GenericUSBXHCI kext on the USB drive. Since I don't have a Mac computer or a functioning Virtual Machine I have no idea how to do it..

Advertising

@SpookyMac, on linux :P
I've found this can be caused by the GPU which is a strange one as mounting the partitions doesn't relate to it. Are you using the inject_Nvidia config?
Shaneee wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:32 pm
I've found this can be caused by the GPU which is a strange one as mounting the partitions doesn't relate to it. Are you using the inject_Nvidia config?
I haven't touch the GPU configs yet, and yes I am running a Nvidia GPU.

I'm sorry if I seem confused, which I might be. I'm completely new to AMD hackintosh
Post Merged
AlGrey wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:30 pm
@SpookyMac, on linux :P
God if only that worked :P
Gives me the same map structure as Mac OSX, which means I still can't reach the EFI folder
Ok when you boot to Clover select options > configs and tick the config_InjectNV one then press ESC till you're back at the clover menu then boot.
in Ubuntu, you can go to DISKS and mount the EFI folder from there
Shaneee wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:48 pm
Ok when you boot to Clover select options > configs and tick the config_InjectNV one then press ESC till you're back at the clover menu then boot.
Okay since I just ruined my Boot USB, I'm creating a new one in TransMac again. I hope I don't have to follow the entire installation process again, and I will do what you say :) If that doesn't work I'll try the Ubuntu option and see if that works . Thanks to all! :D
Post Merged
Okay Quick update, Selecting config_InjectNV doesn't help. I still get the same error, could this be because I put nv_disable=1 into the query/string/command?

Let's see if Ubuntu will do anything
Also if you want to know, I'm using HighSierraAMD_V2
Post Merged
So yeah, up till this point nothing has worked for me :) I've put the Kext into the right map, I've tried a different SATA port, a different USB port and I've even created a new install USB. Nothing works and I have no clue why. Maybe someone that got it fixed knows what to do?? Anyone?? I'm desperate. Smh :cry: :cry:
Shaneee liked this
Try downloading and restoring V3. You don't need to reinstall but if you do it'll install 10.13.3 but V2 is 10.13.2
I've downloaded the V3 version and am trying to use that now. The problem is that I'm getting the distorted text and the denied symbol in the middle of the screen. Even after I've put the USB kext into the right folder.

Although, when I put the kext in said folder, there wasn't one yet. So it was just dragging it in instead of replacing it. Is this just me or??
Post Merged
It looks like this is the last line it gives me before it stops working, I hope this is a step towards a working installation, but I can't say.
Dumb computer never does what I want it to do.. :x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Are you still using the InjectNV config?

Hey, I have the same issue, and after posting on […]

Hi, I have the same issue with a Ryzen 2700 and […]

INSTALLATION TO SSD STOPS

Why aren't you using Vanilla method? Maybe try tha[…]

Thank you