Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Ok, So I posted earlier that I couldn't apply the patch in MaciASL for the ryzen USB, but I think I have found the actual source of the problem and after a good amount of searching I am not sure what to do.

So When I get to the steps in the guide of rebuilding the prelinked Kernel and I go through the commands, and I get to the last command here is what terminal feeds back to me : sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System
/Volumes/OS X Base System locked; waiting for lock.
Lock acquired; proceeding

I went and I unlocked the OS X Base System, and I went and Unchecked the box that says Ignore ownership on this volume.

BUT I have also noticed it says the version on the usb is 10.13.3

Attached are the picture of terminal and of the Info of the OS X Base System USB Info

Also note I have gone into each folder and checked that every other command put into terminal executed what it was supposed to. This is where the snag is. I also think that this is the reason I can't edit the DSDT, because if the drive is locked and the prelinked kernel doesn't get rebuilt, duh obviously it won't be editable in MaciASL?
Post Merged
Also I would like to add... I am running a MacBook pro with 10.13.6 installed and that is where I am getting the base system.dmg from and thats where I am building my boot loader. Since 10.13.6 is installed on the MacBook I do not understand why the boot loader is coming up containing version 10.13.3, could that be the reason this isn't working? What am I missing to make the version on the boot loader 10.13.6?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

That's not vanilla... If you've got a macbook just use createinstallmedia to make the USB. Install Clover to it and add the Vanilla patches for the kernel from Github and it'll boot.
@Shaneee Ok I went ahead and dug and found a 10.13.6 full installer... I've gotten up to the same point and get the same message in terminal. Is this not Vanilla too? Im following your guide to the T and everything works fine up until here. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.
Post Merged
Ok, wait I understand. I ran the command in terminal on my current amd build and it ran as it says it should. Since clover is corrupted on that build I then moved the usb back to the MacBook and installed clover as the guide says. Then I went ahead and I opened up the config.plist file with text editor and copy and pasted all the configurations from you guide for the ryzen cp. Then I plugged the usb into a windows laptop to extract the dsdt, now I have opened the dsdt file on the MacBook again and once again I have reached... the apply button for the ryzen usb patch is greyed out. Im going to leave things where they are until I get any further direction.
You don't need to do anything in terminal with the vanilla install method. You shouldn't need a dsdt for the install either. Read over the tutorial again. It's more or less like installing on a real Mac but with the addition of clover.
Shaneee wrote:You don't need to do anything in terminal with the vanilla install method. You shouldn't need a dsdt for the install either. Read over the tutorial again. It's more or less like installing on a real Mac but with the addition of clover.
Ok I appreciate the help, but heres the deal... I have gone over this again and again and again and again. I have not slept in almost 3 days. Not having a running machine is stopping me from making money. I have a recording studio. I have read through your install over and over and over again and I get that all the kexts and kernels can just be dragged and dropped onto the boot loader. I have installed clover as you said. when I get to the part about rebuilding the prelinked kernel i move the usb over to my hack and then I put the terminal commands and it goes fine just like the guide says. I even use the dummy kexts since we aren't using the patch. This boot loader just won't boot I don't get it. If what you are saying is that the vanilla install can be done even more simply than the guide shows can you please please please walk me through it. This is genuinely ruining my livelihood at this point
Post Merged
Shaneee wrote:That's not vanilla... If you've got a macbook just use createinstallmedia to make the USB. Install Clover to it and add the Vanilla patches for the kernel from Github and it'll boot.
Shaneee wrote:That's not vanilla... If you've got a macbook just use createinstallmedia to make the USB. Install Clover to it and add the Vanilla patches for the kernel from Github and it'll boot.
Ok so I did a creatinstallmedia , then I installed clover, then I made the Kernels folder to put the kernel in, then since there was no extensions folder after the createinstallmedia I made an extensions folder then i put the system.kext in it... then I put that into my amd build... booted it and the USB drive didn't even show up in clover
cJParello wrote:when I get to the part about rebuilding the prelinked kernel i move the usb over to my hack and then I put the terminal commands and it goes fine just like the guide says.
Again that's not the vanilla method. No kernel is required now, it's dealt with patches in Clover... What tutorial are you following? It should be this one, https://vanilla.amd-osx.com/
That's the legacy vanilla guide. The new one requires no modifications to the actual installer or installed system. You can make it on macOS too. Just use createinstallmedia to prepare the macOS installer, Install Clover to the USB, Add kexts and Drivers then the appropriate config from here, https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

Also any reason you chose High Sierra? What are your specs?
@Shaneee, ah ok. Thank you for clarifying that. Well I would like to go to Mojave, as high as I can go but up until this very moment I was under the impression that because the mid 2010 MacBook does not support Mojave that I could not make the installer from it. Now when I install clover should I use the same configurations as in the legacy build guide? and if I use that link to the config can I just replace the plist.config with that file?
My specs are Ryzen 7 3.7ghz, Asus Crosshair VI Hero, 48 GB Ballistix 2400 MHz DDR4, Nvidia GeForce GT 710 2GB,
As long as you can download a copy of 10.14.6 you can make the installer. Clover has changed a bit since the guides but it's still the same setup. Just the folder structure has changed. Just replace the config.plist with the one in the 17h folder on the Github for Zen. The GT 710 should work on Mojave.

The 9, 10 and 20 series cards are not supported […]

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 6.28.48 PM.png Specs:[…]

nvidia gpu laggy

I use this driver on my GTX 1070: https://images.n[…]

Install the nvidia web driver for 10.13.6 here: ht[…]