Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: tcarlsson
Hello! New to the community and having some issues trying to install osx on my Ryzen system.

Hardware: Ryzen 5 1600, MSI B350 TOMAHAWK, Cruzial MX SSD 525 GB, Vengeance LPX DDR 4 2400 MHz Ram.

I'm getting a stop sign when trying to boot into the installer. I used the latest high Sierra patch installer on the forum, and followed the guide. But can't seem to get past the error. Anyone have an idea?
20180222_010322.jpg
20180222_010236.jpg
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
n0rthlight liked this

Advertising

by: n0rthlight
I have the exact same problem with that patch and from what I have read we are not alone :P
Post Merged
However look at Norton response here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4070
by: hangsta
Are you trying to install using the V3 installer? It has a bug with some USB devices. Try installing with the V2 installer.
n0rthlight wrote:I have the exact same problem with that patch and from what I have read we are not alone :P
Post Merged
However look at Norton response here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4070
hangsta wrote:Are you trying to install using the V3 installer? It has a bug with some USB devices. Try installing with the V2 installer.
I did try the V2 installer and followed the Guide, and it did not work at all same story. Tried using different bootflags as well. Did add the thing for SSD, and have tried different USB-Ports as well.

When I used -s and or -v it freezes at just H and no Stop sign just stuck at H. I did try both an USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 disconnected everything except mouse and keyboard. Also changed everything that I had available on my MSI B350 Tomahawk.
by: Norton287
V2 should of worked for you, did you enable USB legacy in your bios and turn on UEFI for booting off USB devices?
Norton287 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:19 pm
V2 should of worked for you, did you enable USB legacy in your bios and turn on UEFI for booting off USB devices?
Tried reinstalled the V2 UEFI and no luck. The UEFI is enabled in the bios as well. Still getting the sign. Have know idea what I am doing wrong. Should I try to install an older version of iOS could that help?
28313449_10159945327540277_131380575_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
by: Darkgamma
Ignore it and do the usb slot swap (hotplug the usb out of the port you're using into another port). Same thing happens to me, doesn't go away, but it's basically ignorable. The garbled text is merely an aesthetic disgrace
by: Booblej
I encountered the same issue as you when trying to install macOS on my Ryzen build.

I was finally able to get everything up and running using the AMDHS-V2 installer compiled by XLNC. You can download the installer from the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fqKm_8 ... mfN4X/view

For installation, follow this guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhGxcV7akkw) up to the 11 minutes and 10 seconds mark (11:10). At this point reboot your computer, and boot to clover via your USB drive. Boot to macOS on your hard drive. Once you reach the desktop, use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition of the USB drive. Copy the EFI folder in the EFI partition, to your desktop. Unmount the EFI partition. Now, mount the EFI partition of your internal HDD via Clover Configurator, and copy / replace the EFI folder that you saved on your desktop. At this point you should be able to remove your USB drive and reboot normally. Let me know if you have any questions. :thumbup:
LynxOS liked this

yes supported,,anyway got working snow leopard,yos[…]

Compatibility Check

Hi Guys, just starting out with the whole Hackinto[…]

tried but didint worked Post Merged here is my[…]

Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas and happy new year Shanee and tha[…]

AMD OS X Advertisements