Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

chasekap13 wrote:Unfortunately, that's what I did so far. :D
Its having a kernel panic in some kext on initial load so its probably coming from a kext loaded by clover. Highlight Boot macOS Install from YOURHARDDRIVE and hit the space bar. Should be an option to boot without injected kexts.

Advertising

Just for clarification, can this upgrade be performed on an installation of 10.13.2 that resides on a SSD without changing to APFS ?

I realize you already advised me in another thread (upgrade my backup instance on a spinner drive and image back to SSD). This worked out just fine. I've also got tinker-toy-machines that need to be updated, I'd like to attempt direct if possible.

Thanks for all your time! :thumbup:
HotShotKL wrote:Just for clarification, can this upgrade be performed on an installation of 10.13.2 that resides on a SSD without changing to APFS ?

I realize you already advised me in another thread (upgrade my backup instance on a spinner drive and image back to SSD). This worked out just fine. I've also got tinker-toy-machines that need to be updated, I'd like to attempt direct if possible.

Thanks for all your time! :thumbup:
I don't think it will but I'd do it on a test machine first to be sure.
Post Merged
On second thought the 10.13.2 update auto upgraded SSDs, I'd use a spinner to clone them
Post Merged
Re: Updating HighSierraAMD 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 through the App Store
Norton287 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 pm
Its having a kernel panic in some kext on initial load so its probably coming from a kext loaded by clover. Highlight Boot macOS Install from YOURHARDDRIVE and hit the space bar. Should be an option to boot without injected kexts.
It's giving me the exact same error as before. :(
chasekap13 wrote:
Post Merged
Re: Updating HighSierraAMD 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 through the App Store
Norton287 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 pm
It's giving me the exact same error as before. :(
Are using a transmac made HighSierraAMD Official USB to boot off?
Yup. The exact one in the guide. I have made it with both transmac and OS X disk utility. Should I try transmac again? I don't have access to it. Transmac has expired on every windows computer that I own.
Last edited by chasekap13 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norton287 wrote:You need your V2 installer handy for this.

Let the App Store download the update and let it run the first part of the install and reboot
On Reboot, boot from USB Installer to Boot macOS from HighSierraAMD and run preinstall command
On Reboot, boot from USB Installer to Boot Install from YOURDRIVENAME and let install run and reboot
On Reboot, boot from USB Installer to Boot macOS from HighSierraAMD and run amd command and reboot
On Reboot, boot from YOUR Clover installation to your hard drive.
Hi,

The 10.13.3 update appeared to ge well.

There appears to be an updated iTunes available also, is that something that should be updated in the same manner? Or is it a pretty harmless type of update?

Apologies for the ‘newbie-esque’ question :)
Itunes is a standard update no need to worry about booting off the USB or what not.
Enzotron liked this
Is there anything I can do to fix the backtrace error shown above? I don't have access to transmac but used disk utility to format it. What should I do? The one I formatted with Mac diskutility functions fine to boot into windows and clover.

Thx for the reply. I've tried with yosemite & […]

Can't install on Ryzen 2200g

any news on igpu support after apple introduced ve[…]

Yes, I’m not sure what I did but when I trie[…]

monitor no signal

help me why time is finished booth in chameleon, […]

AMD OS X Advertisements