Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

#35982
Hello everyone. Google has been less than helpful with this error and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. According to Google, this is caused by the graphics card, the hard drive, clover options, SIP, the motherboard and the phase of the moon. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'm following Shaneee's instructions on the High Sierra page and using his HighSierraAMD_V2 image. Everything is going swimmingly until the screen freezes with the following message:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

This continues during the boot to the first run wizard. I've tried several methods to avoid this. They include but are not limited to:
  • adding "-liluoff" to my boot options.
  • adding "nv_disable=1" to my boot options.
  • confirming the presence of "lilu" and "WhateverGreen" kexts on the destination drive.
  • allowing the installer to convert my SSD to APFS.
  • preventing the installer from converting my SSD to APFS.
I've restored my USB about six times and I've formatted my SSD nearly as many. I'm certainly getting a lot of practice with the install process and have learned a few items. With my setup, you MUST pick the option of "config_ati" during each boot EXCEPT for the boot where you enter the amd script command. If you pick the ati config, your mouse goes bye bye and you're sitting at the window to do things with no way to start the terminal.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss and would appreciate any input. This is my first Hackintosh and I need a shove in the right direction for this issue.

 Advertising

#35987
HonorGoG wrote:Hello everyone. Google has been less than helpful with this error and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. According to Google, this is caused by the graphics card, the hard drive, clover options, SIP, the motherboard and the phase of the moon. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'm following Shaneee's instructions on the High Sierra page and using his HighSierraAMD_V2 image. Everything is going swimmingly until the screen freezes with the following message:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

This continues during the boot to the first run wizard. I've tried several methods to avoid this. They include but are not limited to:
  • adding "-liluoff" to my boot options.
  • adding "nv_disable=1" to my boot options.
  • confirming the presence of "lilu" and "WhateverGreen" kexts on the destination drive.
  • allowing the installer to convert my SSD to APFS.
  • preventing the installer from converting my SSD to APFS.
I've restored my USB about six times and I've formatted my SSD nearly as many. I'm certainly getting a lot of practice with the install process and have learned a few items. With my setup, you MUST pick the option of "config_ati" during each boot EXCEPT for the boot where you enter the amd script command. If you pick the ati config, your mouse goes bye bye and you're sitting at the window to do things with no way to start the terminal.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss and would appreciate any input. This is my first Hackintosh and I need a shove in the right direction for this issue.
Hi !
Try booting with -radvesa boot flag
#36102
No luck as I'm still seeing the same freeze. Here is what the options line looks like when I attempt to boot the destination drive:

Boot Args: -v npci=0x3000 keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 -radvesa
#36255
HonorGoG wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:11 am
No luck as I'm still seeing the same freeze. Here is what the options line looks like when I attempt to boot the destination drive:

Boot Args: -v npci=0x3000 keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 -radvesa
I have a similar problem as you. The only way that I can boot to my SSD is booting to the USB stick, and then go to options and add the -radvesa flag on Clover (only that, no ATI_inject) to finally choose "boot from HDD".

I understand that this problem is a because a wrong configuration on Clover, but I cant get this working. Same as you I have a AMD GPU that is listed as OOB supported, so AFAIK it shouldn't need Ati_inject or anything like it...
#36259
Use RadeonDeInit option under OPTIONS->GRAPHIC INJECTOR.

Check How to enable RadeonDeInit in the guide http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2976
#36268
AlGrey wrote:Use RadeonDeInit option under OPTIONS->GRAPHIC INJECTOR.

Check How to enable RadeonDeInit in the guide http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2976
When booting from my SSD using deinit causes a reboot when OS is loading :cry:
Tried using a fakeid too but same result, but according the guide as my GPU is OOB it should boot right the way.

On BIOS, enabled CSM (I supposed almost same BIOS as your mobo) with Video OpROM on 'legacy only', when selected 'UEFI' the next post fails and the system reverts back the change to 'legacy'. I don't know if this could explain the trouble making OSX have GPU acceleration from the HD5850.

EDIT: Regarding kexts, I didn't removed any of them. Could you share your config.plist and kexts list please? :mrgreen:
#36269
@Hyde, sorry the answer was for HonorGo (Rx 560).
Your HD5850 is pretty old doesn't support UEFI mode (only legacy bios).. Try to boot with bootflag -radoff and set injectATI OR only with injectATI without -radoff (but with whatervergreen + lilu in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or 10.13)
#36302
AlGrey wrote:Use RadeonDeInit option under OPTIONS->GRAPHIC INJECTOR.
I don't see this option available on the version of Clover included with the HighSierraAMD_V2.dmg from this site. I know it was included with 4295 and I've seen other threads that say, "build your system with at least 4334 to avoid black screen problems". I believe the black screen is the gIOScreenLockState error I see but for HDMI. I'm using the DisplayPort with a DVI adapter. Any idea why Shaneee used such an old version of Clover for the most recent 10.13.2 release?

But, I did reinstall the environment last night and I was able to confirm (as it scrolled by) that the boot options line looked like the following on the "first run wizard" boot.

Boot Args: -v -radvesa npci=0x3000 keepsyms=1 debug=0x100

Unfortunately, the same gIOScreenLockState error occurred.
#36309
@HonorGoG, use this clover version of this image : viewtopic.php?p=33500#p33500
#36317
AlGrey wrote:@Hyde, sorry the answer was for HonorGo (Rx 560).
Your HD5850 is pretty old doesn't support UEFI mode (only legacy bios).. Try to boot with bootflag -radoff and set injectATI OR only with injectATI without -radoff (but with whatervergreen + lilu in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or 10.13)
Thanks for the help. Sadly those configs didn't changed anything, it refuses to enable acceleration :cry:

I faced this error: $ sudo sh AMD_audio_cloverAL[…]

Hello, I've managed to install and setup everythi[…]

Unsupported CPU

Thanks I’ll try them. Unfortunately they don[…]

Kernel is based on XNU https://opensource.apple.c[…]