Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: krs360
Hey guys,

So, I've had a little experience with Hackintosh machines over the last few years, mostly intel, however I did get Sierra working on my old FX8150.

I have just purchased a 1950x and the Aorus Gaming 7 board and wondered if anyone had success with this hardware? I used the create installmedia and installed clover, however right after initializing FakeSMC the machine hard locks. I guess it could be missing kexts, etc. If anyone has a guide for this specific hardware or experience with it, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Advertising

by: Norton287
Which model of Aorus, the first one that came up was an intel board.
Ethernet card is ok, need to run DPCIManager to ID your wifi. M.2 is hit or miss with High Sierra, works for some doesn't for others.

Tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3216
Download it from the downloads menu up top.
Hi there, downloading now and I'm going to give it a shot using that tutorial. I think the wifi is intel based so it's very unlikely to work.

That tutorial says it wont work with nvidia? Not sure what it means by that?
Theres a radeon install for clover based bootloader, only need it if you have a radeon card. If you do PM me.
No worries :thumbup:
Hi Norton,

Project got sidetracked for sometime unfortunately, having issues where it would normally present the installer screens at the GIOLockstate message. I assume it's something to do with my 1080TI, unfortunately the only other card I have is a 560TI after a clean out of old hardware.

Do I need to add some kexts to the image or is there another one I should be using?

This is all before getting into the installer GUI btw.

Thanks.
You can press space bar when you highlight Boot macOS from HighSierraAMD and arrow down and select nv_disable=1 and then arrow up and choose Boot with these options.

I faced this error: $ sudo sh AMD_audio_cloverAL[…]

Hello, I've managed to install and setup everythi[…]

Unsupported CPU

Thanks I’ll try them. Unfortunately they don[…]

Kernel is based on XNU https://opensource.apple.c[…]