Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Norton287
Thats after the menu loads and you choose Boot macOS from HighSierraAMD?

Advertising

by: megamichiel
Norton287 wrote:Thats after the menu loads and you choose Boot macOS from HighSierraAMD?
Unfortunately not. As soon as I select the Clover boot option in my BIOS it shows the underscore and then goes black.
by: Norton287
Sounds like the image is corrupt, can you redownload and restore with transmac again and give it another try?
by: megamichiel
Norton287 wrote:Sounds like the image is corrupt, can you redownload and restore with transmac again and give it another try?
Final edit: Decided to opt for Sierra. I had much more luck with that one and got it fully working now. I'll probably get back to High Sierra sometime in the future but for now I'm sticking with this one.

Seems nothing changed after doing this. Does it help to know that I cannot access the USB drive from Windows after I partitioned? I noticed for instance with the apfs video that the person from the video could easily access its files. Not sure if my restore is corrupt or if they had something else on that USB.. Nevermind, found out how to access the EFI partition. Currently exploring here.

EDIT: My PC only has USB 3.0 ports so I've been using those. I've often seen stuff about it not properly working with macOS, maybe it has something to do with this?

Btw: A single press of the power button shuts down the pc.

UPDATE: I tried the USB in a different port (going from motherboard to front-panel), same result. I restored a different USB drive with the same dmg (this one being usb 2.0, still in a usb 3.0 port though). This one gave me the same result. This gives me a few options as far as I know:
  • The dmg is corrupt (would be strange, considering others have downloaded it and it worked successfully, I've downloaded it twice now too)
  • My TransMac isn't properly restoring the USB drive (I followed the TransMac tutorial by Shanee and ticked the read/write option in Settings, so configuration-wise it should be proper)
  • Something with either my USB ports or BIOS is improper (I think this one would be most likely). It could have to do with the usb 3.0 ports thing I mentioned before, or either my PC just doesn't work with macOS or a BIOS setting (or settings) is causing this. I've been carefully tinkering with some settings in the BIOS without luck up until this point.
Any ideas/suggestions?

Further specs, if it may help:
  • Mobo: Biostar Racing X370GTN
  • CPU: Ryzen 1600, standard clock speed (3.2 GHz)
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD + Some old WD 750GB HDD from a laptop
by: Sundhar88
Copy the EFI from USB and paste it in ESP of the boot drive. Try to boot in UEFI. I had the same problem Legacy boots
How did you find us?

Hi Shane, I found you via videos on YouTube. I h[…]

OsxAptioFixDrv Error

I had the same issue, and solved it with the same […]

So it is workd ?

INTEL or AMD?

intel is more stable .. amd is also cool but its l[…]

AMD OS X Advertisements