Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

I initially downloaded high sierra v3 dmg but couldn't get past the prohibited or stop sign. I then downloaded v2 and got my hopes up when I was able to boot into the installer and install mac os on a usb hard drive. But I'm not able to boot into the hard drive to complete the installation as clover gets stuck on a line of pluses +

Advertising

Did you perform post install?
Shaneee wrote:Did you perform post install?
I was only able to boot into the installer on the USB, no luck with the other part of the install on the hard drive
Yeah you need to boot the installer again and perform the steps with Terminal. If you've installed the first part of the install go back to the installer and run preinstall in Terminal then boot to the HDD to finish installing. Once done back to the installer Terminal and run amd. You should now be able to boot to first run wizard then desktop.
Wow I wish I read the instructions before downloading 4 versions of the installer, reflashing and waiting 20 mintues each time and accidentally cleaning a hard drive with 400 gigs of games on it. Am currently flashing Sierra and hopefully I can update to High Sierra later.
Post Merged
Shaneee wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 pm
Yeah you need to boot the installer again and perform the steps with Terminal. If you've installed the first part of the install go back to the installer and run preinstall in Terminal then boot to the HDD to finish installing. Once done back to the installer Terminal and run amd. You should now be able to boot to first run wizard then desktop.
Just an update I performed the first part which is the stock installer and then I went to go do the terminal steps but when I run pre-install it asks for the disk name. I named the formatted disk to "Base" but it said it doesn't exist so I placed the name of the hard drive in. It did something but I couldn't boot into the other part of the installer, it was just a black screen in the bootloader. Am using High Sierra v1
Compatibility Check

I am new in Hackintosh, what guide should i follow[…]

I got a Ryzen with a ASUS B350-Plus and 5 mechanic[…]

Newbie need help

1. If you use an original macbook to create instal[…]

I wonder if using a kext built on my local machine[…]