Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

General chat and support for running on a Virtual Machine.
Great, now I'm running OSX High Sierra and was able to install xcode and all the required tools.
Now I have two newbie questions:
1.- Is it safe to get OSX system updates via App Store?, do I run the risk of getting unpatched files that will break my VM?
2.- USB ports don't seem to be working, It's a bit frustrating as I expected to use this for iOS development and deployment on real devices. I added a USB host to the VM configuration, then plugged in an iPad, and let VMWare to plug it to the guest system. Nothing happens, and System Report reports this under "USB"
- AppleUSBUHCI Root Hub Simulation
- VMWare Virtual USB Mouse
- VMWare Virtual USB Hub

Is there anything I can do to get at least one USB port working?

Again, many thanks and keep up the good job!

Advertising

Don't install patches could break the kernel. As far as usb its hit or miss if it's seeing your virtual mouse and keyboard it should see the ipad.
kktk wrote: 2.- USB ports don't seem to be working, It's a bit frustrating as I expected to use this for iOS development and deployment on real devices. I added a USB host to the VM configuration, then plugged in an iPad, and let VMWare to plug it to the guest system. Nothing happens, and System Report reports this under "USB"
- AppleUSBUHCI Root Hub Simulation
- VMWare Virtual USB Mouse
- VMWare Virtual USB Hub
Norton287 wrote:As far as usb its hit or miss if it's seeing your virtual mouse and keyboard it should see the ipad.
I'm in the same position. My sole reason for having a macOS VM is for iOS development. This is only wasting space on my hard drive until I can figure out why none of my USB devices will connect to the VM. Not even a generic SD card reader will connect. Yes, the keyboard and mouse connect, but "should see the iPad" is not the case. Neither my iPhone or iPad connect to the VM. I've looked around the internet, and every tutorial I can find for connecting an Apple mobile device to the VM says the device will show up in the VM removable devices as "iPhone" or "iPad." Mine simply shows "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver." I have the drivers installed host-side, obviously. My iPad and iPhone both work with iTunes on the host, are in the device manager, visible from "This PC" (formerly My Computer) and the Devices list in the Windows 10 native settings application.

Also, no matter what I do, sound does not work. Guest OS does not have a sound output at all.
The mouse pointer in VMWare MacOS is quite messy, Is there some kind of a fix for that?
Also, there's no sound device recognised, can that be fixed?
And videos are played on rbowsers but not in MacOS, can that be fixed?
Thanks a lot!
Did you install the latest VMWare Tools.iso, you're supposed to be able to resize on demand.
Post Merged
I haven't had a chance to test it yet to change the instructions
Post Merged
For those that complain that USB doesn't work I tested it myself and if you set your USB to 2.0 and use a 2.0 port it works fine. It does not work from a USB 3.0 port. The only VMWare Player that supports USB 3 is Linux.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Norton287 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:34 pm
For those that complain that USB doesn't work I tested it myself and if you set your USB to 2.0 and use a 2.0 port it works fine. It does not work from a USB 3.0 port. The only VMWare Player that supports USB 3 is Linux.
I've tried that configuration, as per suggestions around the internet, and have not had any success. None of my USB devices connected to USB 2.0 ports are recognized by the VM.
EDIT: The VM will only recognize my new Corsair USB mouse. This is fine and all but it still won't recognize my iPhone or iPad, which is why I have this Mac VM in the first place.
Last edited by Ar7ific1al on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll test it again with the new 10.13.2 vm but if it works it works
Norton287 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:39 pm
I'll test it again with the new 10.13.2 vm but if it works it works
I edited my post and didn't see you posted again, sorry.
I previously only tried my USB sound card and iPhone/iPad, of which none were recognized by the VM. Here's a list of my USB devices and their status on the VM.
  • Wacom tablet: Recognized
  • Corsair Glaive USB mouse: Recognized (But not necessary as a "removable device")
  • Logitech webcam: Not recognized
  • Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 USB sound card: Not recognized
  • USB keyboard: Recognized (But not necessary as a "removable device")
  • iPhone: Not recognized
  • iPad: Not recognized
Like I mentioned previously, nothing else matters except getting the VM to recognize my iPhone and iPad. The sole purpose of the VM is to build iOS projects from Unity. Without recognition of my iPhone and iPad, the VM is useless to me. Any help is appreciated.

teal farms keto together. teal farms keto is a[…]

I think it because u replacing the default bootloa[…]

Please EFI :wave: Post Merged No need efi any[…]

Ryzen 2700x - Success

Totally disappointed. I have tr 1950x, 32gb ram. A[…]

AMD OS X Advertisements