Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

General chat and support for running on a Virtual Machine.

Advertising

Hi All,

OK, so I followed the tutorial to install the vmdk in the tutorial via VirtualBox and have this up and running no problem.

However, I just tried updating the install of High Sierra 13.4 via the app store and now when I start the VM it just comes up with a black screen.

No problem, I can just install the original vmdk...but I'd like to update to 13.2+ so that I can install xcode.

Has anyone updated their Vbox VM to 13.2+

TY,

Munchkin.
does it work on APU Processor?
Post Merged
Ayyya wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:05 pm
Hello... 2 very noob questions. Is there a basic tutorial for creating virtual machines in VMware Player on the forum here??
Because I can't get this to work at all. Am I supposed to create a new macOS virtual machine with unlocked VMware Player 14, then remove the newly created VMDK hard disk and then add the newly downloaded VMDK as the hard disk? And add the "cpuid.1.eax" line to the VMX file? Is that all there is to it?

Because no matter what I do I get this error:

And it makes me very sad and frustrated... Please help me! :(

I made sure to have enabled AMD-V CPU flag in UEFI. Ran VMware Player as admin and assigned Full Control permissions to all VM files and folders to Everyone.

Systems specs:
Threadripper 1950X
ASRock X399 Taichi
32 GB RAM 3000 MHz
NVMe Samsung 960 Evo OS
SATA SSD for VM host drive (not in the default C:\Users path as I don't have enough space there)
GTX 1080 graphics card

I'm sorry if this post breaks any forum rules... I've made sure to read and search as much as I can before posting.
make sure you add smc.version ="0 " to .vmx file
Post Merged
hello everyone, i am new here and i have question about will this vmdk file work on vmware amd apu? i have mac os capitan installed in vm and it works fine and when i tried with this image,the final line boot loader showing is = "Loading Embedded FakeSMC : success" and then screen suddenly turns into black and no response.i also noticed that cpu and ram resources are in use while screen was black.Please help me to solve it.
Post Merged
how to make it work on amd apu which doesn't have sse4.1 instruction.will it work by some hack?Is there any S/HS image related to amd apu which has lack of sse4.1 instruction or amd apu can only use mac os upto capitan?
Jenish dobariya wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:34 am
does it work on APU Processor?
Post Merged
Ayyya wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:05 pm
Hello... 2 very noob questions. Is there a basic tutorial for creating virtual machines in VMware Player on the forum here??
Because I can't get this to work at all. Am I supposed to create a new macOS virtual machine with unlocked VMware Player 14, then remove the newly created VMDK hard disk and then add the newly downloaded VMDK as the hard disk? And add the "cpuid.1.eax" line to the VMX file? Is that all there is to it?

Because no matter what I do I get this error:

And it makes me very sad and frustrated... Please help me! :(

I made sure to have enabled AMD-V CPU flag in UEFI. Ran VMware Player as admin and assigned Full Control permissions to all VM files and folders to Everyone.

Systems specs:
Threadripper 1950X
ASRock X399 Taichi
32 GB RAM 3000 MHz
NVMe Samsung 960 Evo OS
SATA SSD for VM host drive (not in the default C:\Users path as I don't have enough space there)
GTX 1080 graphics card

I'm sorry if this post breaks any forum rules... I've made sure to read and search as much as I can before posting.
make sure you add smc.version ="0 " to .vmx file
Post Merged
hello everyone, i am new here and i have question about will this vmdk file work on vmware amd apu? i have mac os capitan installed in vm and it works fine and when i tried with this image,the final line boot loader showing is = "Loading Embedded FakeSMC : success" and then screen suddenly turns into black and no response.i also noticed that cpu and ram resources are in use while screen was black.Please help me to solve it.
Post Merged
how to make it work on amd apu which doesn't have sse4.1 instruction.will it work by some hack?Is there any S/HS image related to amd apu which has lack of sse4.1 instruction or amd apu can only use mac os upto capitan?
Yes it works on an APU, but you still have to meet the requirements of the OS. You need SSE4.1.
johnny-utah wrote:Where can I download the darwin.iso?
You can find it below,
Instructions for extracting darwin.iso
- Download the file above
- Extract com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwin.zip.tar
- darwin.iso is located in the "payload" folder
Code: Select all
http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/10.1.2/8502123/core/com.vmware.fusion.zip.tar
johnny-utah liked this
johnny-utah wrote:Where can I download the darwin.iso?
Its called VM_Tools.zip, it's at the bottom of the 1st post
Post Merged
Norton287 wrote: This works with VMware Player 14, a free download from VMware, you can get it here:
https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_workstation_player/14_0  
Download Links
   VMDK https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vffD6q_fr-AAUYQ_DX3DLR-aLCnMsZkg/view?usp=sharing
The new VMWare tools from a good poster zzmadd is attached to the bottom of this post:

You need to enable root to run the vmware utility, here's how:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012  

Then you need to add the following to your VMs VMX file at the bottom:
 svga.minVRAMSize = 8388608 

Now you need to change the resolution and here's how:

Open Terminal, then change directory by entering cd "/Library/Application Support/VMware Tools/", include the ""s because the directory names have spaces in them.

Now you need to enter SU and then enter the password you set for root.

Once you do that you enter:  ./vmware-resolutionSet 1920 1080.

The 1920 is the height and the 1080 is the width.  Set it to what you need.

You will not want to go full screen, in my testing full screen resets the resolution back to default.

Now shutdown and restart the VM to test your new resolution.
If you read the first post it tells you where to download it FFS!
scrilla024 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:13 pm
this worked completely fine thank you, question? will i be able to do any updates from the appstore or no ?
No ability to update, I suggest using the virtual box VM.
Norton287 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:28 pm
scrilla024 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:13 pm
this worked completely fine thank you, question? will i be able to do any updates from the appstore or no ?
No ability to update, I suggest using the virtual box VM.
ok thank you, why do you suggest the VB VM? also im trying to use xcode but its asking for a higher version
Compatibility Check

I am new in Hackintosh, what guide should i follow[…]

I got a Ryzen with a ASUS B350-Plus and 5 mechanic[…]

Newbie need help

1. If you use an original macbook to create instal[…]

I wonder if using a kext built on my local machine[…]