Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

General chat and support for running on a Virtual Machine.
Hello,

My first post here.
I used the disk from here in VMWare on a Ryzen and it works fine.
Now, i'm trying to make it work in Oracle Virtual Box. The reason: I'm using the Virtual Mac Os to learn to develop IOS apps. The problem is that the IOS simulator don't works fine on VMWare with latest xCode (strange screen refresh), and I'm curios if it will work better in Virtual Box. In past, I used Mac OS 12.5 and it works fine with the an older xCode version

Any help?

Advertising

Hello,
as I'm using VMware Workstation 14 Pro at work I'm trying to install High Sierra there, unfortunately without success for now. I've downloaded sierraamd3.7.zip from first post, added sierraamd3.vmdk as a SATA disk and another one SATA disk (40GB) where system is installed. I also attached VM Tool.iso to cd-rom. The installation to the second disk proceeds without problems, after reboot I have to choose boot disk and get error "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. Power off or reset the virtual machine."
I tried many different settings:
- different amount of RAM and CPU (I don't think that this is the problem)
- 'Virtualize AMD-V/RVI' on/off
- Guest operating system: macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, Other 64-bit
- BIOS / UEFI (with UEFI installation doesn't want to start, just endless loop with boot disk selection)
- added to vmx file: cpuid.1.eax = "0000:0000:0000:0001:0000:0110:1010:0101" and smc.version = "0"
The other options are default. I have Ryzen 5 1600X. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with installation process?
drakkai wrote:Hello,
as I'm using VMware Workstation 14 Pro at work I'm trying to install High Sierra there, unfortunately without success for now. I've downloaded sierraamd3.7.zip from first post, added sierraamd3.vmdk as a SATA disk and another one SATA disk (40GB) where system is installed. I also attached VM Tool.iso to cd-rom. The installation to the second disk proceeds without problems, after reboot I have to choose boot disk and get error "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. Power off or reset the virtual machine."
I tried many different settings:
- different amount of RAM and CPU (I don't think that this is the problem)
- 'Virtualize AMD-V/RVI' on/off
- Guest operating system: macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, Other 64-bit
- BIOS / UEFI (with UEFI installation doesn't want to start, just endless loop with boot disk selection)
- added to vmx file: cpuid.1.eax = "0000:0000:0000:0001:0000:0110:1010:0101" and smc.version = "0"
The other options are default. I have Ryzen 5 1600X. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with installation process?
Thats for 10.12.6, you want the vmdk from this thread with the CPU fix posted.
Norton287 wrote:Thats for 10.12.6, you want the vmdk from this thread with the CPU fix posted.
Thank you for answer. I downloaded vmdk from first post in this thread ( from this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V3kLKC ... sp=sharing ) and I don't see any other link. I missed something?
Bad link download from this one:

Code: Select all
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vffD6q_fr-AAUYQ_DX3DLR-aLCnMsZkg/view?usp=sharing
drakkai liked this
Sorry about the bad link and glad you're working good! :thumbup:
drakkai liked this
After installing both VMWare Tools and the latest macOS High Sierra update, there's a couple graphical glitches that I saw in the tutorial that are not in my virtual machine

As seen in the picture, the Apple logo, and some other things on the menu have missing textures. Is this just part of the machine, or can it be brought back some way? (I know that there will be glitches but I am wondering if it varies from VM to VM or not)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
How did you find us?

Hi Shane, I found you via videos on YouTube. I h[…]

OsxAptioFixDrv Error

I had the same issue, and solved it with the same […]

So it is workd ?

INTEL or AMD?

intel is more stable .. amd is also cool but its l[…]

AMD OS X Advertisements