Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

We will even help with Linux.
by: javasweg
hey, first linux topic on the forum lol. i was wondering how i could get clover to dual boot my ubuntu and sierra install! when i install ubuntu 16.04.2LTS, which was actually successful on a 100gb partition, i managed to get into the clover boot loader, where i saw the linux option. my problem is that when i tried to boot i got a weird purple freeze screen with a few graphical glitches, like little dashes all over the screen in random places. ubuntu failed to load up. i have tried booting with uefi and legacy to clover but little difference, except one of the two managed to get the the GRUB bootloader for ubuntu. clover efi partition has created an ubuntu folder, because i went back into the installer for ubunut and pressed reinstall ubuntu, which then GRUB overwrote my clover bootloader, so now i am booting from enoch USB. efi is still mountable, and contains the ubuntu folder and efi files for it, and im booting macOS from USB now. is there any way i can make it so clover is displayed before ubuntu bootloader? thanks :thumbup:

Advertising

by: Ackados
I have no experience trying this, but I found this topic. Does it help?
Code: Select all
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dual-booting-hackintosh-linux.93017/
by: javasweg
Ackados wrote:I have no experience trying this, but I found this topic. Does it help?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dual-booting-hackintosh-linux.93017/
hey mate, not sure this is what im looking for unfortunately. my problem is that if i let ubuntu override my clover bootloader, it boots into GRUB and the ubuntu OS boots up nicely. but, if i reinstall clover, for some reason it just wont boot. after ubuntu install, there are ubuntu boot files stored in the EFI partition, but it overrides clover. without the ubuntu boot files in EFI, clover loads up and linux is an option, but when pressed it fails to boot successfully. with them, GRUB bootloader completely overrides my clover bootloader and linux loads fine. i need it to be that i can have the ubuntu files in my EFI drive but not let ubuntu's GRUB bootloader overwrite clover. sorry if this is confusing to you, lol
by: Shaneee
Take a look at this Wiki page,
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Clover
Alienware Sicko liked this
by: apk
I know its late but thought of sharing.
Use GRUB as default bootloader and chainload Clover from GRUB.
I installed Manjaro and my Clover got messed.

First get UUID of EFI partition by
blkid /dev/sdXY ##(where X is your Hardisk and Y is your partition number)

##Login as root
##For Chainloading edit your /etc/grub.d/40_custom (whatever file based on distro)
##And modify below entry as per your partitions.

#!/bin/sh
exec tail -n +3 $0
# #THIS IS A GRUB PROXY SCRIPT, This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries. Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment. Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.

menuentry 'macOS' {
insmod fat
insmod part_gpt
insmod chain
search --fs-uuid --no-floppy --set=root A15E-EA50
chainloader /EFI/clover/CLOVERX64.efi
}
Then Update Grub, you will see macOS entry added on next boot. :thumbup:

No, Vega 3 isn't currently supported.

Unsupported CPU